What's your next mod???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im moving this to the general discussion board as Its a bit more Broad than street suspension in topic . :hmm:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Probably next is to completely redo the exhuast from long tubes back. And weld a rear bumper on and do my roof basket. Sas is a good while away still sourcing parts..

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, would a coilover swap be as simple as drop the tbars. Swap out the lower and upper control arms from a Silverado? I know the spindles are the same for Silverado and Tahoe whether you are torsion or coil.

Im not sure. There is a big long thread on Performancetrucks.net about coilover conversion for the Silverados but I will probably fabricate my own mounts and use the DJM lower arms that are on the Tahoe now.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Im not sure. There is a big long thread on Performancetrucks.net about coilover conversion for the Silverados but I will probably fabricate my own mounts and use the DJM lower arms that are on the Tahoe now.

I've read this thread you're talking about the guy raves about the ride quality and control he gained from it!

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking about Atomic's set up?

Are pads and rotors considered a mod?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking about Atomic's set up?

Are pads and rotors considered a mod?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Yes, but I want to completley cut off the stock upper shock mount and fabricate a beefier adjustable upper mount. This way I can have more shock travel and still have the ability to go super low or raise it back up to stock height. I've considered bagging it as well but I dont trust the reliability of air bags.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076