What's it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
I'm debating on selling my 05 Tahoe LT and am just curious what it would be worth. It has about 170K, new transmission, new transfer case with upgraded pump guard, GMT900 front brakes, all new AC components, all oil leaks fixed, paint correction, Alpine double-din head unit with powered 10 inch sub, 18" wheels, etc. Very well maintained and everything fixed or new. I'm really in need of a truck and was thinking since truck prices are dropping, I may start looking for a truck. I know they won't give me what I want for a trade-in so I thought I may list it online to see what I can get but prices for these things are all over the place. Just didn't know where to start since it is a very good example, or at least I think it is...

20211022_153451.jpg

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Yep, totally agree. I'm not wanting to list it at an inflated price, just trying to avoid getting the shaft by the dealer. No rust, its very clean all over. I may just get to a point where I don't care and just have to eat whatever they offer me. Its just going to hurt... LOL!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, totally agree. I'm not wanting to list it at an inflated price, just trying to avoid getting the shaft by the dealer. No rust, its very clean all over. I may just get to a point where I don't care and just have to eat whatever they offer me. Its just going to hurt... LOL!
and it's christmas so if you list it now you might get someone looking to get something for there kid, wife, etc or you will not get any bites until next year
who knows markets can vary all over...
all I know is the news says used car prices are tanking

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the value, but dang, that's a clean vehicle!

Try searching in your area for prices for a similar vehicle for sale. Absolutely don't do a trade-in; those guys will offer low and then resell for high.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 05 Z71 is same color and just at 160k miles. It is completely straight and all the work I have done on it is documented in "Build" section. I would want $25k because of that but I bet the best I could do right now is $18k at the most but may have to settle for $15k. In the PNW and no rust at all.

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a great vehicle for anyone to buy. Especially if it's rust free 100% Unfortunately though, those criteria rarely go into the 'value' of a vehicle in NADA or KBB pricing. I'd just do some online truck shopping with your model and year and see what the dealerships have them listed for. Then I'd drop 10-20% off the price and list it on FB marketplace.

Share the link here if/when you do - maybe somebody here will know a guy....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019