short bursts of what feels like going over light rumble strips, and 3-4 "bumps" after shifting into Drive, going from 0 to 5mph.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is South Joisy.
Well, where ever he's at, the main thing for him and others to keep in mind is avoiding places like Cottman and Aamco unless the individual seeking service is already aware of an overwhelmingly positive body of reviews or first hand experiences with a particular Cottman or Aamco location.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015-2016 models were prone to requiring torque converter replacement exactly for the shudder you are describing, or so I've heard. Some have reported improvements by changing fluid, others have not. Either way it's a good thing to do regularly as part of routine service regardless if you need to drop the transmission or not!

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not too far from where I grew up (Lansdale)...

If @blackelky is in the NY area, there's Garry Ferraro and CK Performance.
Sounds good tahoe is still under warranty until 130k so if the trans stays healthy after that I'll probably go to one of these people in new york if possible. Probably a 2-3 hour drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar