What should I do to Bertha next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense taken either, I know it's not everyone's favorite look haha. Most of my friends think it's stupid, but I can say for certain I'll never get lost in a parking lot!:chewie:

Don't let the sticker h8ers get you down! Fly them proudly! :bleh:

I'm a sticker guy, too. Military stickers on the back window and the National Parks/Monuments we've visited on the side windows. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Anyway, as far as ideas, looks like you are going for an "off road" look - which immediately puts you in the minority on this board, which seems to be very "street truck" oriented (thus the sticker hate.)

As a fellow off-road guy, I'd say that one of the cool things about the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban is that they are probably about the cheapest IFS vehicle to lift. $400 in parts (which includes quality shocks) will get you a good 2 - 3" of lift and a great "stance." Even better you can do the lift in a garage or driveway with a minimum of tools (check Youtube.) My lift was done by me and a friend in my garage in about 6 hours and the only reason it took that long was because of rust and inexperience (it was our first time doing a lift like this.) Assuming your truck has been in TX most of its life it probably doesn't have nearly the rust that my formerly-lived-in-Wisconsin truck did (I actually had to take it to a shop to have the t-bar keys busted loose from the bars.)

Since your're a broke college student (been there, done that!) here's another cheap mod you can make to your LT: Replace the crap factory fog lights with LEDs. You can order them for about $20 on Amazon and the only thing you'll need is a longer bolt for the mounting plate. Pop the bulb holder out of your current fog light housing, Snip the reflector off with shears and put the LED light inside the old fog light, running the wires through a hole you drill in back of the housing. The mounting bolt can run right through the hole that used to have the fog light bulb. Splice the wires in and use your dashboard fog light control - easy peasy, if I can do it anybody can and it looks great. This is seriously a $25 mod that you can do in an afternoon in your driveway.

If you search my user name you should be able to find links to both my lift and the LED fog light replacement.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I've done a lot of stuff to my truck while I've owned it, and I've got a few ideas as to what I want to do next, but I'd like to see what y'all think!

View attachment 73015 View attachment 73016
View attachment 73018

View attachment 73017
I'll just tell you how its gonna happen on my truck.

Already did Wheels and tires, and if you have tread left, I wouldn't mess with those, or a lift, until your ready. I'm not gonna lift mine until I'm ready for bigger tires, because I don't wanna look like I'm on a rollerskate. I am buying/collecting parts, and I already installed the shocks that will work with the lift (Bilsteins 5100), but eventually 3in lift, and 33" tires

Already did Plugs and Wires

Colormatch and install ESKY appliques
Reflective Vinyl Wrap Chevy emblems (white out)
install black mesh grill, NNNBS z71 front emblem (in white)
Replace headlights, bumper lights, and tail lights.
Superbrite LED in reverse light, superbright LED in fog light
MAYBE have the grey plastic painted black, I can't decide, maybe I'll just polish it with black magic until it doesnt look faded..
Replace radio with Double Din touchscreen. I have the BOSE system, so this one is expensive, but necessary now.
Install larger DVD screen and player (15" or larger) .... for me.
Replace all top end engine gaskets, clean Throttle body.
Air-raid Jr
Full Exhaust : Long Tube Headers, Corsa Sport Cat-back
Black bear Tune
Replace interior carpet
Replace leather front seat covers
figure out how to install a NNBS 3rd brake light on our trucks.

I figure by the time I finish all of that... I'll be living in it, haha

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I appreciate the input! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try and at least do keys to level it, then maybe later on down the line I can get a full lift. And @Martinjmpr i already replaced the factory fogs, in fact I did a thread about the LED cubes I installed :p glad to hear from the off-road part of the site, too.

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I *think* they're 265/75/16 Duratracs. I don't remember exactly. I'd like to try and fit 35s on 17 or 18s with a 2-3 inch level/lift but 33s would probably work well too.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet you could fit 33's now, 35's should be easy with a 2 - 3" key and spacer or spring lift.
I'd recommend Z71 springs, too. Check out my lift thread for a comparison between the Z71 and the stock LT springs.

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Definitely. I actually have the ZW7 springs with regular shocks and it SUCKS. Z71 springs are a necessity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo