what rims are better 26" or 24"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum Auto Works

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are you an idiot even "Lug Centric" will shift over time. Trust me been doing wheels for over 10 years.

You will need a hub ring with your "lug centric" wheels.

A true lug centric wheel is a mag seat. where the lug nut "cone" goes inside the wheel.

But back on track:
Boss what wheels are you going with?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Just to let you'll know, some Toyotas have lugcentric wheels so they don't need to be custom made.
And no matter what, Hubcentric is always better.
Trust, I would have argued that point on here before too, but after staying on here for a while you realize its not even worth it!

waynesoffroad

Reaction score
After market lug nuts also are made cheaply with very low tolorances. Spin one on a lathe and you will see. Factory lug nuts are better that way but hub centric is better!

CHINO07KON

Reaction score
24" For comfort close to stock feel...And 26" for luxury and less comfort.But both will slow u down do to the weight even with forged wheels...I have 26" on my Yukon..Go for khumo or hankooks for a little smoother ride in my own experience..

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
wow. you two with your little kid bickering. "isrAel" and "konman" this isnt kindergarten. grow up nobody here will deal with that junk. sit in the corner and finish your milk. or no recess for the both of you.

i went with 4s. and wanted the look of the 6s real bad. but honestly i probably would stick with the 24s. just my .02

israel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You call my posts "little kid bickering"? WOW!! You guys need to relax. I thought I was relaxed about the whole thing. Oh well. I'm done with this thread anyway. I've said my peace.

Oh and for all those who think this is stupid. It's stupid that this is posted in the Interior section!! LOL!!!

Kon-Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You call my posts "little kid bickering"? WOW!! You guys need to relax. I thought I was relaxed about the whole thing. Oh well. I'm done with this thread anyway. I've said my peace.

Oh and for all those who think this is stupid. It's stupid that this is posted in the Interior section!! LOL!!!

LOL! I gotta agree with you there Israel.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont care what most aftermarket wheel retailers tell u. No wheels are lug centric unless they are custom made.

With all due respect, that is completely false. Mine, in fact, are lug centric and so are JK's (site admin). Neither of us were lucky enough to find the wheels with the correct CB. Unless you are saying that many aftermarket wheels ARE what you refer to as custom. Most just don't know their own CB and most retailers don't care enough to work out the intricacies for your specific vehicle - that would be too much work and overhead stocking all the different bore sizes etc.

I think this thread should be closed and alot of people should do some more research before posting again on technical issues. I'm not directing that at any particular people bc there are quite a few mis-representations in this thread.

I think some maturity is in order as well.

B O S S

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leschew