what oil Brand do you use on your Rig?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
mobil1 sythetic 5w-30changed about every 9 moths to a year. the gear oil is mobil1 sythetic 75w-90. that replaced the previous fluid(life unknown) and will be checked and topped off as needed about twice a year.

Bottoms Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Amsoil 5w/30. Mine has a new Jasper engine in it. Don't know how many miles is on yours but it's not usually good to put this in a high mileage motor.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Why is it not good to put amsoil in a high mileage motor? Amsoil would be fine in any vehicle at any mileage. But that reminds me that amsoil is what is in my gears, brakes, and power steering.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I think I bought mine from synthetic motorsports the vendor here.
Edit. Looks like its just chris at freedom motorsports. He can get you set up.

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Castrol GTX High Mileage (part synthetic), changed every 4-5k.

Sent while drivi-

Bottoms Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some vehicles with high miles does ok. I put it in my sons Toyota at 116000 miles and it never used a drop till he sold it at 165000. Changed his 2008 Chevy silverado over to it at 106000 miles and at 112000 it had used 3 qts. Odd thing was he checked it one week it was full and a week later he checked it again (about 450 miles) it was 3-4 qts low. Took it to a mechanic , did an oil change with partial synthetic oil and hasn't used a drop since. Mechanic said he has seen it happen before. Also happened to a buddy of mine in a tundra with 170000 miles on it. Don't know why. I run Amsoil in everything I own. Never had any problems till his Chevy. A buddy of mine is an Amsoil dealer is where I get mine from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave