What made you go with an SUV over a Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was me with the same decision to make I'd got back to the 3 car scenario but make that third one a Suburban or XL that way they wife can keep her dream car and you keep the truck. One, trucks obviously are very useful to have and good to keep around. Two, the dream car keeps the wife happy and is fun for her and probably the whole family. You can get a clean OBS or NBS suburban/XL for pretty reasonable prices so it probably isn't a huge deal to add it to your driveway. The only negative it adds is one more thing to maintain but once you get one purchased and catch it up on whatever it needs to be a nice driver it shouldn't be a big deal.

Anyway, just my thoughts :shrug: Not that you asked directly but that's what I'd do and have done in the past :)

That would be the best possible scenario. Something I was hoping in the back of my mind would actually work out. Thank you for your input. I can do just about anything on my truck so I'm not to worried.

Plan is to check it out this Friday in the way back home. I have to head out of state, so when I drive back in I'm going to stop by.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I bought the hoe it was because I hade a newer truck and I really just wanted a 2 door hoe. after a few months I decided to sell the newer truck and use the hoe as my DD. things where fine for a while with no truck as I have trailers that I can haul any thing I need but the more I did to the hoe the more impractical it became. so I just bought a nbs crew cab to DD. that way I can continue to mod the hoe and not haft to worry about hauling things around!!!
...and pickup trucks are just useful to have around. Here before long I'll be adding a truck to my driveway. Will most likely be another squarebody but a crew cab this time. I'll explain it to the wife as needing a truck to haul stuff from time to time (which we do) but it'll also be because I just can't get enough of the squarebody and it'll allow my 87 to become a full project rather than trying to DD and work on it at the same time.

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I bought the hoe it was because I hade a newer truck and I really just wanted a 2 door hoe. after a few months I decided to sell the newer truck and use the hoe as my DD. things where fine for a while with no truck as I have trailers that I can haul any thing I need but the more I did to the hoe the more impractical it became. so I just bought a nbs crew cab to DD. that way I can continue to mod the hoe and not haft to worry about hauling things around!!!

I have a 05' NBS CCSB. I've missed that thing to every one of my likings. There is literally nothing else I want to do to it. I'm afraid if we get the Yukon the mod bug is gonna bite and that whole process will begin all over again lol! Although to have a nice stock ride would honestly be nice again.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
...and pickup trucks are just useful to have around. Here before long I'll be adding a truck to my driveway. Will most likely be another squarebody but a crew cab this time. I'll explain it to the wife as needing a truck to haul stuff from time to time (which we do) but it'll also be because I just can't get enough of the squarebody and it'll allow my 87 to become a full project rather than trying to DD and work on it at the same time.

I have a 79 BIG 10 with a 454 but it is 100% project lol. I got it when was 13 (my dads old truck. when he left he took my moms brand new car to piss her off. came back 2 weeks later wanting the truck and she told him to get bent lol..... she drove that thing for the next 5 years when It was just her and I. then she re married and my step dad drove it for a about 3 years. then it came to me!)..... it is a really LONG term project but one of these days I will be able to spend more time on it. I thougt real hard about buying another square body to DD but I kinda wanted a nbs and then @yates ™ got in my head and I had to have one. Im happy with my decision and think im really going to like having it!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So long story short @yates ™ bullied yet another member to go against what they really wanted to do and snookered them into a NBS :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts