What is supposed to go by the fender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 Tahoe

corner of the firewall and passenger fender. Under the brace is a space that looks like something might go there for additional options or other models. What is supposed to go there?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. ppv and ssvs had them or guys that want more power for audio, plowing.remember tho, it shares Body style with pickups so they cone with heavier stuff, diesels, plow prep package.. etc. i put one in my 01 and 13 because i have a plow.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. I know my second GEN Dodge Ram has a spot on the fender for a second battery because of the diesel.

Has anyone put anything cool there besides a battery?

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a tray, hold down, cables and a battery that pulled out of my last Tahoe before selling it...

(Battery would not be worth shipping.... :) ... and I don't have enough posts to sell yet.. :- ) )

Hey, I just hit 85 with this one...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2001 Tahoe

corner of the firewall and passenger fender. Under the brace is a space that looks like something might go there for additional options or other models. What is supposed to go there?
that spot was originally used for a air injection pump that pumped air into the intake during the first 60 seconds or so this was to help idle during a cold start, it was basically useless so they eliminated it sometime during the 2001 model. my 2000 had one and it eventually leaked and caused check engine lights, pulled one out of a junk yard and it lasted until I sold it. now it is the battery compartment on the 2007+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212