What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow , an old new yorker.... you NEVER see thos around. i cant believe the NYPD used them as patrol cars at one point. looks clean too.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ruth avenue is what it is. Supposed to have real 20k. Interior is mint but engine wiring was chewed on by rats... Exterior is in excellent shape but one side looks to have clear fade won't know til all the dirt is off. Barn find

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Fifth

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

IMAG0201_zps927jzomw.jpg

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the steering wheel position sensor. Huge improvement. Next weekend is all four ball joints.

rmodel65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried to sell it. asked 3k they offered me 2k ill keep it for that :p

SeanEboy

Reaction score
I got a call from the shop that just dropped a rebuilt motor in it..
Me: "Hey, Sean here, calling about the Tahoe... Is it ready to be picked up?"
Them: "Yeah, it's ready to go, has a bit of a hiccup every once in awhile.. But I'm thinking it could be the crank angle sensor..."
Me: "Well, so what are you recommending I do?"
Them: "Drive it, put a few hundred miles on it, see if the hiccup works itself out"

I am so pissed at myself I don't even know what to do. I pulled over when having engine trouble, and what started as spark plugs arcing, then to a new fuel spider, turned into low compression in (3) cylinders, and ended with an $800 grand finale of needing new cats, because "there were cracks/the whole thing rotted away".... So, I bought this truck for $5800 a year and a half ago.. And, after the wheel cyliders both blew out and took everything with them ( $1100), having a bad distributor cap installed ($400), and then, this.. I'm now into this truck for:

$1100
$400
$350
$250
$3200
$800
________
$6100. I'm into it for $300 more than I paid for the whole damn thing.

I now drive a '99 2 Door Tahoe, with 132k on it, that costs $11,900.... I give up.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a risk you take buying used, but damn, I feel for you, that blows having to do all that work to it.

cent frum a smaert fone

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now drive a '99 2 Door Tahoe, with 132k on it, that costs $11,900.... I give up.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Honestly.. you are so far into it, might as well work through this last hiccup (literally) and then hopefully thats it for a while.
I definitely feel you though.. (little less hurtful - but still, I've done a lot of the same to my 95 Tahoe)

It's kind of like stock market investing.. Sometimes you're money goes WAY down.. but if you ride it out, maybe your enjoyment level will cover the "recuperation" of the money you've put into it. Unlike the stocks.. You'll never get your money back for this thing, but hopefully your enjoyment levels can outweigh the money. Best of luck moving forward from here with it!
:cheers:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This came today, Edelbrock 3704 intake

ahyty7eh.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512