What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
New steering box in, holy shit this thing is as response as my '14 Verano. Found the possible source of my tranny leak as the vent tube was just hanging along side my t-case, so hopefully that fixes it. Got my temp controller from the local salvage yard (who btw has Sanford & son as their hold music). The contrler was pulled in 02 and has sat on a shelf since then. It works great, got to recharge my system and probably replace the low pressure switch but I'm super psyched everything works

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought this: http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/31005/10002/-1

heard good things about it..

i'll get these next: http://www.jegs.com/i/Pace-Setter/766/70-1332/10002/-1?ymm=4294829735+4294829791+4294829305

looking to redo my 96 2dr tahoe, needs new carpet, bad
needs a new driver lower seat leather/cushion
needs new outter door handles
Fix the oil leak coming from somewhere
fix the driver side seat motor, fix the passenger seat track (bent, wobbles)

i have a whole list of things needing to be done..

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! How? Cut and paste using bottom marker ?
Get the corner lense pigtail. And you can get an old bottom mark and in weld the hole into the top marker after using a dremel to clear space but I just carefully made my own hole that the connector would fit into

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Get the corner lense pigtail. And you can get an old bottom mark and in weld the hole into the top marker after using a dremel to clear space but I just carefully made my own hole that the connector would fit into
Saw a few videos, looks sinple. Ive had the same idea and kinda wanna do it on my nbs but might be too much. Looks perfect on a obs, and yours look great. Should swap those halgens out for amber leds

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well its been awhile since I have been on!

Everything with the steering, suspension rebuild and alignment is still good to go!

But as with any 211,*** truck....... there is more to do!

The bearings (input/output) on the transfer case are screaming............so time for a rebuild. I'm picking up a core NP8/246 transfer case from a truck being parted out and I will rebuild that. Once I rebuild it, I will throw the ole WinterBeast on the lift and hot swap them. I'll take my transfer case, rebuild it and sell it to recoup my cost.

This spring also will bring...... new oil pan, oil pan gasket and rear main.

And finally for the final F' you. I now have a PO420 SES for low efficency on the Bank 1 cat. This is exceptionally maddening, because in the summer of 2016 I installed the Flowmaster high flow catted Y pipe system with the Flowmaster cat back system. With the truck being at 201k at the time I also replaced all 4 O2 sensors. I scanned it at the shop and my post Bank 1 O2 sensor is all over the place........normal with a bad cat. So now I have to fix that junk.

I'm getting ready to make this my 700+ mile a week commuter, so it looks like I'm going to be busy getting everything sorted out. In the end, this and the gas mileage is still cheaper then buying a new or newer truck. So the quest for 300,*** miles is in the works

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started to put the headers on Sunday evening, two stripped nuts on the studs, egr tube won't come out (had to cut) still need to remove it from the intake or just delete it + tune (I may just do this), broke the temp sender unit and a plug wire, lol. But at least the old ones are out right?!

So, anyone got any tips for removing the egr tube from the intake manifold? I haven't tried heat on it yet but that's my next step. Soaked it in PB overnight

*Found out PCM for less is up the road from me. Just gonna delete the EGR and have him tune it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz