What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Finally finished a rigid molle panel for my right rear window, I’ll install it tomorrow or later in the week, still need to fab some brackets for it 8cf207874ae4a963bff4f6dee5c5aca2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you make this..? Been wanting to do it it mine.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you make this..? Been wanting to do it it mine.
It was kind of a pain in the ass, had to make a template first but only for one row out of 1/8 fiberboard, then use that over a piece of 1/4 HDPE then used my router to cut it out. I looked everywhere for one that will fit our trucks and no one make one. Thought about doing a full fledged production run of them. Just have to get enough interest

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headers and EGR delete are in finally. 32 degree avg temp for the last week hasn't helped much in a garage with no heat.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the opportunity to purchase a whipple kit with like 40k on it. Only been installed once (professionally). Do it?!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New seat covers from Carid. These are Coverking. Not too bad and will get me buy until I decide to spend the big buck at an upholstery shop

FDD9492D-C10D-4079-947C-D793ED6E97D4.jpeg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worked more on my interior last night. I have most of the carpet ripped out. Will start working on the door panels this weekend and next week while I get ready to order new carpet. Hope to have everything to do with the interior done by the end of summer (if I can get the time I need) then I can start doing the exciting stuff on the exterior.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing my u joints, well the front shaft anyway, ended up screwing up the needle bearings on one and had to use one of the u joints for my rear shaft so gotta do that one next week. Also did my front diff pinion seal and finally put my transfer case skid plate back on. Pretty productive day especially with a cold beer in my hand...

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing my u joints, well the front shaft anyway, ended up screwing up the needle bearings on one and had to use one of the u joints for my rear shaft so gotta do that one next week. Also did my front diff pinion seal and finally put my transfer case skid plate back on. Pretty productive day especially with a cold beer in my hand...

How much of a PITA was the front diff pinion seal? I need to do mine pretty soon......gotta finish rebuilding the transfer case first; parts were ordered on Friday

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a PITA was the front diff pinion seal? I need to do mine pretty soon......gotta finish rebuilding the transfer case first; parts were ordered on Friday

Actually it was very easy, once you get the shaft off mark the nut and the shaft so you can get it back to the right tightness. Remove the nut and washer and spray with pb blaster then let sit for a few minutes, then you have two choices, either tap it off with a hammer (which is what I did) or use a puller. After that just pop out the seal and tap in the new one, and reinstall everything. It took me less time to change the seal than it did to put in one u joint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos