What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Issue = drunk guy didn't tighten the battery terminal hold down bolts.

Took me less than 10 sec to figure it out.

I was very disappointed.

I told him how much fun we could have had doing diagnostics.

His reply: yeah your definition of "fun" is different than my definition of "fun"

Lol
Drunk guy didn’t need to drive. That was divine intervention.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took our 2007 out to Luray, VA to spend the weekend with good friends. Hauled 7 people and a dog up to the skyline drive for a hike on a beautiful day. No better vehicle on earth for that duty. Noticed the temp gauge running lower than normal.

Got home safe and sound and my wife and I went out to dinner. On the way home the temp gauge went to minimum and got the Engine Hot/AC Off message. Pulled into a gas station and it definitely wasn’t hot. Best guess right now is either the coolant temp sensor or the thermostat. Will change both this week to be sure.

C7A009F2-95DF-475D-8289-3B68E80C0E55.jpeg

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the factory stereos leave a lot to be desired. I got one with wireless CarPlay that I really like. So convenient, my phone stays in my pocket.

Can you expand on the type of stereo on these GMT900s that works with Bluetooth? I was pretty bummed out that a 2014 Bose system in my SLT could not play music wirelessly.

The sound quality is fine, but I hate the U/I and fact I need to use either a USB-C to 3.5mm cable, or a Bluetooth 3.5mm dongle.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you can’t buy another so what’s the point. My daughter asked me what I paid for hers because Carmax made an offer but I told her to go see what she could buy to replace it and she wised up. All those who buy at today’s inflated prices are going to get hit with enormous depreciation once the chip shortage gets caught up. It will balance out eventually. There’s gonna be a lot of upside down loans in the future.

If you have an extra vehicle you've been considering getting rid of, now is the time. Like you said, buying a new one could not be worse. I've never seen my local dealerships look so barren before.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Calipers on correct sides (bleed screws at top)?

Are you pushing the pedal to the floor?
Yeah so, turns out the bleeder valve isn't above the line lol‍ (smh) I never in a million years would have figured the piston side was outward. I mean, a L R on the casting would go a long way for fools like me. Then I could at least get stuck wondering if that's L facing the car or L as the car faces lol

20220228_083115.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so, turns out the bleeder valve isn't above the line lol‍ (smh) I never in a million years would have figured the piston side was outward. I mean, a L R on the casting would go a long way for fools like me. Then I could at least get stuck wondering if that's L facing the car or L as the car faces lol

View attachment 364484

You're not the first and won't be the last!

Piston side isn't outward. When you flip it over to mount it to the other side, it'll make sense. You might even hear the harmonious angels "Ahhhhhhh."

Oh- DON'T push the pedal to the floor. If flipping the calipers doesn't completely resolve your bleeding woes, you might need a new master cylinder if you've been flooring the pedal while fighting the brakes all this time.

Last edited:

Sobro

Reaction score
Can you expand on the type of stereo on these GMT900s that works with Bluetooth? I was pretty bummed out that a 2014 Bose system in my SLT could not play music wirelessly.

The sound quality is fine, but I hate the U/I and fact I need to use either a USB-C to 3.5mm cable, or a Bluetooth 3.5mm dongle.

Yeah, I was using a Bluetooth dongle for music but the 2012 Denali Bose has a hard drive I finally loaded most of my music into.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed the cooling temp indication/engine hot message problem this morning. It was the sensor. Put a new one in and drove it for a mile with the gauge still not moving + engine hot message on the display and cooling fans running full speed. As the engine warmed up, the new sensor must have crossed a point where the computer decided it could trust it again, and everything returned to normal. The gauge shot up to about 1/3 on the scale, and continued indicating normally from there. The message went away and the fans shut off. Boom! I love easy fixes.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an extra vehicle you've been considering getting rid of, now is the time. Like you said, buying a new one could not be worse. I've never seen my local dealerships look so barren before.
That's what we did. Sold the wife's SRX because we didn't need 3 vehicles. If you don't need to replace what you are selling it's a great time rid yourself of extra inventory.