What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See, Sam gets it. I change that a few weeks ago.

Soooo, on this note. Mechanic called and gave me the wonderful news. Honestly knew something wasn't right as it's been acting up a little (shifting slightly weird, not that I know what I'm talking about or looking for and probably a completely different issue) but the rear differential gears are shot. Said they opened the housing and a few bits of metal fell out. Said the spider gear was broke in certain areas and (housing of something) was cracked. So they are going to replace it.

Probably gonna cost me half the price of what this tahoe is worth.....
So, my tahoe won't be ready until tomorrow.......

So what makes these break or go bad? Said the fluid wasn't too bad. Wasn't low. The way I drive affect it? I do drive pretty aggressive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
the g80's are weak, eventually they break when it does replace it with a eaton detroit it won't break anymore

Sobro

Reaction score
Watch out!

First it’s a balm retainer and the next thing you know, you have super charger and a 3” drop! Especially if you let the guys here help you spend your money.

LOL, it's my camper tow vehicle. Maybe a stripper pole and mud wrestling pit are more appropriate. The Denali does have new wheels, but all I did was pay for that and the Bee mod was all labor and really hard brain work figuring it out.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Told me a new rear axle would be $3,500, I said no thanks that's as much as my Tahoe's worth

I think I would look at wrecking yards. Pretty sure you can buy a duplicate replacement used for under $1000 for the whole kit and kaboodle. Not real difficult to install.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Look on RA to see what a reman runs. Iirc they run 1200-1800 and they take a couple hours to install.
This pretty much what google pointed to price wise. He's replacing with oem gm and that price includes labor.

I don't have the means, time, or knowledge to install this. If I did, it might be different, but working as much as I do, and this being my daily, it's the best choice for me.

Sure, I could do a reman or junkyard, but I'd rather have brand new and at least a years warranty.

All in all, I'm ok with it. I trust him not to screw us over, one of the most reputable shops in town and hard to get in on short notice. He has always cut costs for me and gave me discounts or free stuff, so I don't mind if it costs a little more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667