What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish i had a pic of the 'nail' in mine just the other day, its a ****** 1" sliver of whats in your tire ......lol.....but did u get this.....IMG_8932.JPG
I bet your said 'whoa, wtf is going on, stop m.f.'er.........'

Los

Reaction score
Dam. Plugged or patched?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Honestly not sure. He said he was going to look at it to determine whether it could be fixed and then the next time he came back it was done.

Wish i had a pic of the 'nail' in mine just the other day, its a ****** 1" sliver of whats in your tire ......lol.....but did u get this.....View attachment 76401
I bet your said 'whoa, wtf is going on, stop m.f.'er.........'

Nope, I got what sounded like a blowout and then a dragging sound. When I got out the tire had still not gone flat and the head of the nail once it was lodged in the liner was rubbing on the tread, hence the dragging sound. Then the tire slowly deflated.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly not sure. He said he was going to look at it to determine whether it could be fixed and then the next time he came back it was done.

Nope, I got what sounded like a blowout and then a dragging sound. When I got out the tire had still not gone flat and the head of the nail once it was lodged in the liner was rubbing on the tread, hence the dragging sound. Then the tire slowly deflated.
If it was $30, I'm thinking patched. Plugged aint worth shit.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Cali too and I had my fronts tinted to 5% and have never been bothered once by cops (Knock on wood lol) if I see one sometimes I just roll the windows down and that way they can't do nothin about it haha
I called around this morning got some. price quotes, 110 for ceramic tint 15%.i just want it to match the rear windows. I'm going to do it. reg tint is 79$

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called around this morning got some. price quotes, 110 for ceramic tint 15%.i just want it to match the rear windows. I'm going to do it. reg tint is 79$

$79? Man i wish it was that cheap here, the cheapest i found was 190 for 35% front 2 sides and a tint strip across the front window.

And (see edit) on that i tried to take the headlight housing out again today and broke the head off one of the bumper bolts, so i may just give up trying to put the retros in.

Edit: well i got them out but now have 3 broken bolt and a new chip in the fender paint..ugh.. lol

Last edited:

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All new brake pads and rotors installed today.

Breaking the caliper bracket bolts loose was EASY, thanks to my new 18" flex head ratchet. I'm not saying they weren't tight; they were indeed frozen shut and with Loctite, also not to mention I did the work in 25 degree weather. What I'm saying is that I was surprised how easy it was compared to using a 12" ratchet, which is what I used on my 2013 Impala. I tried with the old ratchet as well, and taking off a caliper bolt on the truck was literally impossible. Switched back to the 18" ratchet, easy peasy. Got everything replaced and speced wtih the proper torque settings for caliper bracket, caliper pins, and wheels.

So now I have all new Akebono ceramic pads and Centric cryo-treated rotors. Took it for a spin to get them broken in, and man oh man, I've never felt such stopping power before. It's amazing.

The most difficult thing by far doing the brake job was lifting up the wheels. Those things are heavy. :D

Tarashoe08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the back windows are darker then 15 % , to match them it's more like 5-10

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
$79? Man i wish it was that cheap here, the cheapest i found was 190 for 35% front 2 sides and a tint strip across the front window.

And (see edit) on that i tried to take the headlight housing out again today and broke the head off one of the bumper bolts, so i may just give up trying to put the retros in.

Edit: well i got them out but now have 3 broken bolt and a new chip in the fender paint..ugh.. lol
Woah thats crazy!

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Looks good! I have 5% all around except the windshield. I've been really wanting to get that tinted come summer though

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm new to the forum and don't mean to butt in but I have the entire windshield tinted on my 2008 Suburban LTZ with 70% which is clear... If you check your clear front side windows with a tint meter it will read out at 70%. But it is a ceramic film that blocks about 50% of the heat and about 99% of UVa and UVb rays to protect your dash from cracking and keep you cool. I did a 8 inch strip of 5% across the top of the windshield as well and 18% on the 2 front side windows to match the factory rear tint and it is a perfect match.

The clear on the windshield is amazing and if I had not stood there and watched the installer I would have trouble believing that he actually installed it but the heat blocking is absolutely amazing. It is ceramic film by a company called Hyper optik and I posted a link in my introduction thread. Again sorry to interject myself into your conversation but just thought I would pass along some good info. I live in Florida and the heat is miserable. The whole windshield tinted with the strip and two front windows cost me about $190 which was very well spent in my opinion for the heat reduction alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman