What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DS headlight bulb went out. So now to order some new d2s 5k bulbs since I did the mini ds2 4.0 retrofit. I guess I will also order some led switchbacks and led corner bulbs while im at it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the guy i work with tows a pretty good sized camper with his burb and it handles that with out issue.

Annnnd i ordere some new rear shocks (bil5100s) and a set of 33" dirtytracs.. should be on next week sometime. Will get pics then. Now to save up for the sub/box;)
I tow with both of mine. The Denali has new compressor and shocks also has helper bags and brake controller. The 02 has helper bags and bilstiens with brake controller and 2" spacers.

f281edc0436887d88b92f06f51d81945.jpg9e76ca5cd269d5e2be723f87f48d6895.jpg

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow with both of mine. The Denali has new compressor and shocks also has helper bags and brake controller. The 02 has helper bags and bilstiens with brake controller and 2" spacers.

Haha! Yeah, my towing duties are nothing compared to yours. LOL!

Still I need to get the hitch on my Silverado so I don't have to ask to borrow my wife's ride every time I need to tow something. :emotions133:

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh snap. I didn't even notice what looks like porcelain missing from around the electrode.

Either detonation or too high of temperatures. That buildup could lead to hotspots, which could lead to overheating of the plug and/or detonation.
Looked like it to me at least. The deposits on the ground strap are suspect and that black electrode looks like flame going in the wrong direction.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I took my NBS to Walmart and had them throw in their brand battery for like $80.
I've bought two of their MAXX start or whatever model battery in the last year. at around $90 after core and 5-year free replacement, it was a no brainer.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a smart idea, and I've done that before with other vehicles. However, this is the nicest rig I've ever owned, and I'd hate to mess it up, or to get in there to only realize it was worse than it initially appeared, and it end up costing more money and time. That's obviously an excuse, but I'm still in the mindset of "you did this, you make it right!", without me having to spend my time on it. Although, a few hundred bucks would be nice to have this time of year.

Do it. Crawl under there and if the bumper bar isn't bent and your back up sensors work, you should be good. The lowest and most rearward piece of metal under mine is the hitch and then the bumper bar. The Hyundai that hit me got the hitch with his radiator tank... the hitch won obviously. Nevertheless, there's not much back there to get messed up by a car basically submarining the rear of your truck.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly... I'm not really sure what you guys mean by detonation or too high of temps. Just not that well versed in the technical stuff. When you say overheating do you mean overall engine temp? For example I had my coolant hose that runs back to the firewall blow out not to long ago which had me climbing in the hood of my car in the middle of the parking lot fixing it. But I am pretty sure I dumped all the coolant out of the car that day and temps got pretty damn hot. Is there something else I should be looking at here? Thanks for any help or direction you can provide.

High temps couldn't have been good for it as too much heat in the head would make it more susceptible to detonation (pre-ignition of the air/fuel mix in the combustion chamber, the reason for knock sensors). I would suggest making sure you're running good gas, cleaning up your air/fuel mix components (anything effecting air, fuel, or air/fuel ratio measurement and make sure you're running the right plug at the proper gap. If you've got everything in those areas squared away, there could be a more specific problem. Not trying to say there's cause for alarm but, I'm just the type that I'd want to try and rule out any significant issue(s).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali