What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy Easter! Scored a set of 805's and painted emblem orange. Very very satisfied with the look
982c08b37647373554e81611f4992a14.jpg
40c734df6b6edf3902b17f00623a45aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Donovan I like that look man nice job!

So today I was bored and took care of this issue I was having.
I have aftermarket smoked tail lights and when they got dirty you could barely see the brake light illuminate (non-led tails) and it always worried me since people barely pay attention as it is.
I looked up dual filament led bulbs and they were expensive as hell so I ordered some standard 3156 led bulbs off of Ebay and decided since there was a ton of room between the sockets in the housings that I would cut a hole and notch it so I could add an extra 3156 socket.
The socket fits tight like stock and I just used a splice tap to get ground and power from the brake wire only and then I insulated all of it.
Now I can drive my car with less worries of being rear ended.

It's funny, it's so bright that it helps illuminate the stock brake light bulb when they both kick on.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Donovan I like that look man nice job!

So today I was bored and took care of this issue I was having.
I have aftermarket smoked tail lights and when they got dirty you could barely see the brake light illuminate (non-led tails) and it always worried me since people barely pay attention as it is.
I looked up dual filament led bulbs and they were expensive as hell so I ordered some standard 3156 led bulbs off of Ebay and decided since there was a ton of room between the sockets in the housings that I would cut a hole and notch it so I could add an extra 3156 socket.
The socket fits tight like stock and I just used a splice tap to get ground and power from the brake wire only and then I insulated all of it.
Now I can drive my car with less worries of being rear ended.

It's funny, it's so bright that it helps illuminate the stock brake light bulb when they both kick on.
View attachment 60837 View attachment 60838
So technically you got 3 tail light bulbs? Man I thought I was doing big things with 2 tails light bulbs lol. Extra light is not only safer but it looks cooler too. Nice job. Do you have any pics of the backside? I'll be getting these same lights eventually, and I like this idea.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nevermind. I just Google pics of the backside of that light. Pretty flat and smooth area good for drilling and mounting that light.
Nice idea :waytogo:

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man and I know I could have gotten the correct dual function bulbs for around $50 shipped but total investment here is $22 plus it was fun to do.
If it's not too busy tomorrow at work I will pull the housing and take some pictures but yea there is a lot of room back there.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent some good old elbow grease and cleaned the wheels on my Suburban. They were nasty! The before picture actually makes that wheel look MUCH better than any of them were.

Couldn't get each and every bit out of them. At least not yet. I'll try another round some time later on. My old fingers need some rest...

Oh... Anybody know what style that wheel is? They are Unique brand, but haven't come across the same style yet. I could use one wheel and two centercaps...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent some good old elbow grease and cleaned the wheels on my Suburban. They were nasty! The before picture actually makes that wheel look MUCH better than any of them were.

Couldn't get each and every bit out of them. At least not yet. I'll try another round some time later on. My old fingers need some rest...

Oh... Anybody know what style that wheel is? They are Unique brand, but haven't come across the same style yet. I could use one wheel and two centercaps...

View attachment 60854

View attachment 60855

@tsuintx

Hey man, had a quick look on eBay and found a lot of center caps, but not sure what you need. Here's a link

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=unique+chrome+wheels&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

Plenty of the Unique chrome wheels as well. Discount Tire seems to carry them and this link http://www.uniquewheel.com/catalog.html (it was a bit slow loading when I tried it). Hope this helps a bit in your search.

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
The brakes are toast on the Yukon. I've been trying to squeeze every last drop out of them because I planned to do a comprehensive upgrade including NNBS fronts. Well we drove 6 hours in the Ozarks yesterday and finally finished off the rears and got in to the rotors!

Ordered rear EBC slotted rotors, green pads, stainless lines and speed bleeders and some 2500 keys to stiffen the front back up. Wife asked what we can do to make it handle better, she drives an Audi S4 daily.

12923377_1049384901789355_1457838934979399467_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts