What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior, puddle, reverse, brake lights swapped to led.

6 hi mod.

Ordered 4.5" round spot led 2100+ lumen lamps to replace fog lamps for $27. stock is 27w 530 lumen fog lamps?! Wtf.

Ordered 9011's (2350 lumens) for the hir swap in the lows. $24/pair @ rock auto

Also installed slightly overkill (10awg) relay setup for lows an fogs in my dd. Light ******* it up this weekend.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the shop again, friend thinks he can save the my new rebuilt motor, if not i'll be dropping in a 60k mile 6.0.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 or 4 weeks I would be mad it can be done in 2 days by a shop.

Yeah I'm not happy I can't even get a call back on it. I know it don't take this long to get damn trans parts if it was a uncommon trans sure but a 2000 Tahoe trans no..

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not happy I can't even get a call back on it. I know it don't take this long to get damn trans parts if it was a uncommon trans sure but a 2000 Tahoe trans no..

Go and get it and take it somewhere else.

Why would you trust a a shop to do the job right, if they do not even return a call or try to make the customer happy?

Not sure how you ended up there in the first place?

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Just bought it yesterday. Ordered spyder red/clear led tails, front grill and esky vent caps.

Just got it yesterday and already found some Esky Vent Caps?

Hope you did not pay a fortune for them as it usually takes a while to find some used ones.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These 9011 hir are actually Phillips and 10 bucks apiece cheaper

Oops didn't read that right, just realized yous were $24 for the pair
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C8XRHS
They are sold as "wagner" brand from rock auto. Open the box and they are Philips bulbs. Philips is the only company making "hir's" atm. $9 a piece at rockauto plus shipping is pretty good.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Jay_320

Reaction score

Why would you trust a a shop to do the job right, if they do not even return a call or try to make the customer happy?

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Just got it yesterday and already found some Esky Vent Caps?

Hope you did not pay a fortune for them as it usually takes a while to find some used ones.

Dude had them for sale on ebay for $160.00. So I jumped on them asap!

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The guy has done work for me before but I've never left anything there for something like this. He said it should be done by Friday hopefully guess we'll see he said he was working on it today.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude had them for sale on ebay for $160.00. So I jumped on them asap!

That's not too bad. I found some for $140 on ebay over Christmas, and I've been searching forever. They're actually at the shop getting painted right now, should be ready on Friday.

Anyways, I installed some extra backup lights today. Pro Burners at Walmart for $20. Still got halogen bulbs in them, though. I need to find some stupid bright H3 LEDs. Anyone got any recommendations?

I also replaced my broken rear hatch assist strap.

Next up, under body LEDs that light up with the puddle lights...

Attachments

• 2015-01-21 17.14.57.jpg
    2015-01-21 17.14.57.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2015-01-21 17.15.07.jpg
    2015-01-21 17.15.07.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon