What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took advantage of a rare 40* day in JAN in WI to wash off all that god awful road salt both inside and out. I swapped out my color matched rear 'GMC' emblem with a Sierra Denali 'DENALI' emblem instead. Saw a Sierra Denali 2500 the other day and liked it so I though I'd give it a shot. Turned out well IMO......I know alot of the guys are badgeless but I'm the opposite. I've replaced my other badges with NNBS Denali ones so it matches perfectly. I have a part number if anybody is interested.......

Here are a few pics....

As ALWAYS, looks awesome! I like it A LOT!

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all today, but over the last week or so, I've:
-Added the Esky roof rails, and plasti-dipped the end caps
-Added the lip on the front. Had to cut off half of the outermost tabs on the valence to get it to fit. Weird, because I got it from LMC for this year truck
-Put on 285/75/16 Michelin LTX M/S2s
-Fixed a grounding issue causing my driver's side HID headlight not to work
-Swapped my gauge overlay for an Esky one
-Changed over my gauge needles to white
-Bought a woodgrain dash and door overlay kit off ebay, only to find out every single piece was the wrong size. Bummed, and returning it.
-Washed it. Put on over 1000 miles the last 2 weeks, and it was filthy with streaking dirt and tar on the fenders. With my new ballistic marine coating, all I had to do was spray it down, wipe with a wet microfiber, and rinse. The dirt and water just sheets off now. Washed the entire truck in 15 min, and it looked like this:

attachment.php

Still need to do:
-Get my Esky vent caps painted and installed
-Paint on the new lip black
-Replace my passenger side mirror, the heating element went bad. Dealership wanted $400 to fix it, I found the part on ebay for $50. We'll see if it works
-Replace my stepper motors, I think they're going
-Replace my backup cam
-Add aux backup lights under the rear bumper

Attachments

• 2015-01-17 15.46.51.jpg
    2015-01-17 15.46.51.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J what do you use to keep your tip so clean. I drove through something and wasn't able to wash my truck for a while and now it doesn't look to good. I may have to order a fresh one. Truck looks sexy

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
J what do you use to keep your tip so clean. I drove through something and wasn't able to wash my truck for a while and now it doesn't look to good. I may have to order a fresh one. Truck looks sexy

I just clean it with glass cleaner usually.......but I stay after it. If i drive it when the roads are wet/dirty/salty when I get home I grab a bucket of hot water and a rag and just hit the wheels and exhaust tips. I also put on some Cquartz DLUX on both of them as well-it is expensive but works well. Hope that helps and thanks for the compliment :Handshake:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just clean it with glass cleaner usually.......but I stay after it. If i drive it when the roads are wet/dirty/salty when I get home I grab a bucket of hot water and a rag and just hit the wheels and exhaust tips. I also put on some Cquartz DLUX on both of them as well-it is expensive but works well. Hope that helps and thanks for the compliment :Handshake:

Just looked it up, so it's like a restorer for plastics and coats them but also works on metals. Not bad I'll have to really clean up my tip and order that. Thanks J :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinkalberg