What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will someone tell Al Gore we are tired of the heat? This summer has been third hottest. Do.not.like.

Put everything back together. Still need to figure out how to run the RCA from the front, but power and remote turn on are under the left sill plates. Future Matt’s problem.
IMG_2937.jpegIMG_2938.jpeg

It’s obviously not competition but good enough for me, for now. :D

Gmg0547

Reaction score
Today I tried dropping the transmission pan. I didn't get past the removal of the shift linkage bracket. I was able to get a torx 40 into the bolts nice and snug but couldn't get any room to turn the ratchet. I found a "how to" to disconnect the front drive shaft to get some more room. Is there anything I need to by disconnecting and reconnecting other then lining everything back up correctly?

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Will someone tell Al Gore we are tired of the heat? This summer has been third hottest. Do.not.like.

Put everything back together. Still need to figure out how to run the RCA from the front, but power and remote turn on are under the left sill plates. Future Matt’s problem.
View attachment 407112View attachment 407113

Same place I put my amp nicely done

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 407112View attachment 407113

I thought long and hard about that cubby but ended up installing that same amp under the cup holder because was concerned about heat buildup. Are you going to install some type of louvre vent to get some air on there? Since the cooling fan is on the bottom you might want to ride it up just a little on spacers. Good clean setup. Overall though. Nice work on the sub. Here’s my amp and sub IMG_1635.jpeginstall.

Attachments

• IMG_2357.jpeg
    IMG_2357.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2398.jpeg
    IMG_2398.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 9

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I tried dropping the transmission pan. I didn't get past the removal of the shift linkage bracket. I was able to get a torx 40 into the bolts nice and snug but couldn't get any room to turn the ratchet. I found a "how to" to disconnect the front drive shaft to get some more room. Is there anything I need to by disconnecting and reconnecting other then lining everything back up correctly?
I mark the driveshaft with paint or chalk so the yoke lines up with the shaft the way it was. Just undo the ubolts and you have to pry the driveshaft rearward to clear the yoke. Those short swivel ratchets can help in tight areas like those torx are located.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same place I put my amp nicely done
Cheers!
I thought long and hard about that cubby but ended up installing that same amp under the cup holder because was concerned about heat buildup. Are you going to install some type of louvre vent to get some air on there? Since the cooling fan is on the bottom you might want to ride it up just a little on spacers. Good clean setup. Overall though. Nice work on the sub. Here’s my amp and sub install.
I'm still engineering in my mind what I want to do. It isn't secured right now and while the frame provides the 1/4" air gap the manual states is required, it doesn't do two things: allow enough airflow (IMO) nor make it easy for me to tweak the settings since it requires a tiny flathead.

My buddy has some fancy (read expensive) 3D printers that I'd like to come up with a solution and try printing. However, I'm not able to explain enough over text message for him to understand the goal. I will look around on thingiverse and maybe download a CAD program or something.

My Bose Lux amp and subwoofer are in the center console where you have yours, so that wasn't an option. Sure would have made for shorter power run!

Gmg0547

Reaction score
I mark the driveshaft with paint or chalk so the yoke lines up with the shaft the way it was. Just undo the ubolts and you have to pry the driveshaft rearward to clear the yoke. Those short swivel ratchets can help in tight areas like those torx are located.
Thanks for the tips! I'll pick up one of those smaller ratchets and go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n