What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the spark plugs on my 06 Suburban LQ4. I bought it with 225k and now nearly 250k and didn't know when they got changed. The old ones I think looked decent. I pulled 4 spark plug wires out of the boot terminal (doh!) I had some extra plug wires laying around so that will do for now. New plug wires are on order.

Will takle re-looming the engine/transmission wiring harnesses this long weekend. I don't know what the PO did to it, but loom is all jacked up. It's been a my to-do for way too long, since I bought it 3 years ago

And picking up my 1999 Silverado NBS from the alignment place this afternoon. I redid all of the front end on that truck recently. I watched a DIY YouTube alignment video because everything was way out of whack: tires were screeching at 10 MPH. Truck drove way better after that. 260k on that one.

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_130731526.jpg
    IMG_20230902_130731526.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230902_120857849.jpg
    IMG_20230902_120857849.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230902_120904276.jpg
    IMG_20230902_120904276.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 5

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I changed the spark plugs on my 06 Suburban LQ4. I bought it with 225k and now nearly 250k and didn't know when they got changed. The old ones I think looked decent. I pulled 4 spark plug wires out of the boot terminal (doh!) I had some extra plug wires laying around so that will do for now. New plug wires are on order.

Will takle re-looming the engine/transmission wiring harnesses this long weekend. I don't know what the PO did to it, but loom is all jacked up. It's been a my to-do for way too long, since I bought it 3 years ago

And picking up my 1999 Silverado NBS from the alignment place this afternoon. I redid all of the front end on that truck recently. I watched a DIY YouTube alignment video because everything was way out of whack: tires were screeching at 10 MPH. Truck drove way better after that. 260k on that one.

Are those old ones copper plugs? I don't see platinum or iridium tips on the electrodes.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those old ones copper plugs? I don't see platinum or iridium tips on the electrodes.
Yes, I think that's what those were. They were AC Delco and just had a number 6?

I replaced them with AC Delco double platinum 41-962.

Interestingly, on my 99 Silverado when I swapped the 5.3 in it I got some copper spark plugs from the auto parts store as a quick thinking. I'll have replace them as well. It's been about 10k miles on the swap.

I had always heard platinum or iridium is really the only thing that's recommend on the LS Gen III/IV. I try to buy them from RockAuto. They are spendy at the local parts stores.

project_x

Reaction score
Productive day

Changed passenger lower ball joint with MOOG.

Changed the passenger front axle seal.

Replaced CV axles with

Trakmotive 8033xtt extended travel CVs​

Tomorrow:
Refill front diff.

Change transfer case fluid.

Likely adjust torsion keys to level everything up

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired up my aftermarket amp. I’ve got anther post on that. But also got my monthly update from Carvana on their offer to buy: $500 wot?!?!?

A while back I was looking around selling my 2001 YukonSLT before spending this year’s maintenance and service budget on cooling system and struts. As best I could figure, I’d get $6500-$8500 on a private party sale …. Maybe $9,000 from someone specially looking for a good one-owner, no-rust GMT800. $3000-4000 on a trade. $1000-2000 selling outright to a dealer and …. $500 from Carvana. Five Hundy? What? Tires cost twice that! I guess we all need to keep this in mind when making upgrades. It’s worth a lot more than that to me. I drove it all weekend to the mountain bike trails including a fun ride around the lake w my little boy. Would drive it across country easy, with precious cargo on board.

This is the same situation o found myself in over a decade ago, and made the same decision then then as now. I’m keeping another 10 years, at least! See you out there!IMG_3596.jpeg

Last edited:

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired up my aftermarket amp. I’ve got anther post on that. But also got my monthly update from Carvana on their offer to buy: $500 wot?!?!?

A while back I was looking around selling my 2001 YukonSLT before spending this year’s maintenance and service budget on cooling system and struts. As best I could figure, I’d get $6500-$8500 on a private party sale …. Maybe $9,000 from someone specially looking for a good one-owner, no-rust GMT800. $3000-4000 on a trade. $1000-2000 selling outright to a dealer and …. $500 from Carvana. Five Hundy? What? Tires cost twice that! I guess we all need to keep this in mind when making upgrades. It’s worth a lot more than that to me. I drove it all weekend to the mountain bike trails including a fun ride around the lake w my little boy. Would drive it across country easy, with precious cargo on board.

This is the same situation o found myself in over a decade ago, and made the same decision then then as now. I’m keeping another 10 years, at least! See you out there!View attachment 407769
Didn't you hear!! That company has lost a fortune of money. They looking to make it up somehow l.

NorwegianHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixed the brake light switch. This one does not have a spring, the contacts act like a spring, and it had become weak. Bent a little bit and checked that I had one N/O contact and two N/C contacts. Cleaned up with a dremel with a wire wheel (overkill, use sandpaper)

When I went to install it again, one of the wires were broken in the contact, tried to soder it, no luck so ordered a new one (ACDelco PT2362)

Got it working today! The new contact for the brake switch came in the mail and I did some wiring. One of the wires were super thin and the plastic had gotten hard, nearly cut it all of when trying to strip it back. I work with wires every day, so I should be capable enough, but this one made me a little scared.

Plugged it into the brake switch i DIY'ed, and I have brakelights! No more being afraid of getting rear ended (Atleast until it fails again, and I have to cave in and buy a new one...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415

Latest posts