What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Wooohooo!!!

Ordered the center console charging pad from BoostAuto.com

15% discount code for October: BOO22

Free shipping.

Can't wait!!!!
I did also.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drone is pretty bad all the time. My helmholtz resonator was tuned for the previous setup. I didn’t consider the massive difference the heads and cam would make on the exhaust.. that j-pipe is really useless now. Lol. I have learned to deal with the noise. Only thing that is a bit annoying is, it sounds like I’m really getting into it, just taking off from a stop, normal ~20% throttle. So everyone thinks I’m racing them. :yaoface2:
I have a little 18” magnaflow muffler, and the cats in the ARH longtubes.. no other muffler or resonator. (Other than the helmholtz, that’s completely mis-tuned now)..
I run a muffler that increases the noise instead of decreases it, works great with longtubes. I’m happy that everybody thinks I’m racing them because I usually am. Gotta have lane choice at every damn light. :)

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the red head product. Might need to look into that brand.

Hands down one of the best. To hell with the big box “reman” unit’s that shit the bed after 6-8mo.

My factory box finally gave out. Yes it’s had some slop for a few years but all my trucks have been that way so no biggie I’m used to driving with a wondering wheel.

These guys are in Washington and do a hands down great job. All of my jeep, Branco, truck buddies run these boxes and all sweat by them.

That’s the reason I went with them.

I’d say the feel of the steering is better than most new vehicles. That still have a box and not that electric rack shit.

It is night and day better driving even only putting a mile or so on it so far.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hands down one of the best. To hell with the big box “reman” unit’s that shit the bed after 6-8mo.

My factory box finally gave out. Yes it’s had some slop for a few years but all my trucks have been that way so no biggie I’m used to driving with a wondering wheel.

These guys are in Washington and do a hands down great job. All of my jeep, Branco, truck buddies run these boxes and all sweat by them.

I’d say the feel of the steering is better than most new vehicles. That still have a box and not that electric rack shit.

Yep I’ve heard nothing but great things about RedHead steering boxes over the years. Definitely not cheap though.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve heard good things about these as well. It’s on my list, when needed, upgrade to this.. but $$$..

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was washing my Tahoe today and a neighbor drove up, who has been admiring my baby for some time, and really wanted to buy it. Loves the look, condition and sound and has dropped by on numerous occasions as I was working on it - including when I dropped the upgraded engine in it. He really pushed but I said no she is staying with me until I leave this world - better not be too soon.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was washing my Tahoe today and a neighbor drove up, who has been admiring my baby for some time, and really wanted to buy it. Loves the look, condition and sound and has dropped by on numerous occasions as I was working on it - including when I dropped the upgraded engine in it. He really pushed but I said no she is staying with me until I leave this world - better not be too soon.

May your Hoe live a long and prosperous life, along with you!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hood he doesn’t take that as a suggestion! :laughing1:

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove up to the pick and pulls yesterday and really underestimated how much time I would need to find parts. The first one I went to didn't have anything, and was in line checking out at the second one until the 3rd one was closed. All of the nnbs trucks had the engines pulled already,but I found these fuel railson a gen 3 intake. I found a nnbs intake without the rails for 40, but I guess I have to go back to KC to get it. Found a nicer set of fans but I already took these ones out.
Sorry about all the Newport butts, been smoking in the garage when it's cold. Lol

Attachments

• 20221029_072359.jpg
    20221029_072359.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts