What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rented a pulley tool from the local parts store

OEM pulley goes until it's flush with the nose of the pump. Just crank the tool in 'till it stops

This pulley had slightly different dimensions. So I pressed it in 0.96mm short - the nose of the pulley protrudes 0.96mm from the nose of the shaft. i.e. I didn't push it in all the way. Just measured the offset with some calipers

Here's the pulley: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711QW7NR
Note you will need a 2" shorter belt

Also block heater is DOA. BAH. My luck
I've got a parts store pulley tool. Damn thing takes waay more effort then I feel like it should. The pulley should be flush? Shoot I've got another mm or so to go then.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I've got a parts store pulley tool. Damn thing takes waay more effort then I feel like it should. The pulley should be flush? Shoot I've got another mm or so to go then.
Define effort?

Put the hold screw in the middle as far as it goes, grab a wrench and a ratchet, hold the bearing, turn the thing in till it's home?

It's going to be a bit tight because it's press-fit. But it shouldn't take an egregious amount of effort

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to the new-age headshop for some CBD and HHC. Now that I've got a new water pump and actual coolant circulating instead of straight distilled after my heads fiasco, it's nice to have heat on the rare day I need it!

MADPINTO08

Reaction score
Care to elaborate on what you did?
Sure I cut a couple LED strips to size and with Dremel cut the center hole to match because didn’t like the way it looked with a space in the lights… you would also have to paint or cover The panel underneath because it is painted to match the body so more than likely would have to black it out. Then tap them into the third brake light because I only want them for brake light but you could always tap in to taillights if you wanted them for blinkers or regular lights and so on.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I heard Dex6 is actually better for older transmissions, depends on where you read the info. I didn’t think it was going to help you but we can always hope, right? Consensus does seem to be that 150k is about average for the life of a 4l60 though so I’d say you got your money’s worth out of that one. Mine went at about 140k but that was also right after I installed a supercharger so I’m sure that hurried it along.
You're making me sweat

shooooshhh!!!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define effort?

Put the hold screw in the middle as far as it goes, grab a wrench and a ratchet, hold the bearing, turn the thing in till it's home?

It's going to be a bit tight because it's press-fit. But it shouldn't take an egregious amount of effort
I rounded off the nut on the first pulley installer tool I bought and didnt get it flush. I have a tendency to over torque things so I try to err on the other side. I may just be being too cautious. A little heat on the pulley with a torch next time might help too. I was using 2 combo wrenches for added leverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA