What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I didn't think of checking the wires. Thx for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'll have to do it Saturday--my next day off. I leave before the sun is up, and I get home when it's dark. Which wires do you have Mark?
Start it in the dark and spray it with a little water from the GF's water spray bottle... You will see them arc...

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still like braided better. Most of mine is but I still did use a bit of regular plastic split loom, there’s more I need to do with the braided. If you can get to both ends it’s nice to get the type that’s not split, it just slips over the end and then when you pull it tight it constricts until it’s tight, then I put heat shrink ends on it to secure it.View attachment 359362View attachment 359363
Looks good Mark.! Are
You sure you got the high temperature stuff..? I couldn’t find any split loom that’s high temp on their site. Maybe this stuff..?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you should get them and post a review here so I can decide if I need to order a couple pair. I have LED bulbs in my stock ones but I’m liking the looks of those. I added them to my Amazon list of things I may or may not buy but usually do buy list. :crazy:
Ha! Same! Been in my cart for like 3-4 months. We need a review!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good Mark.! Are
You sure you got the high temperature stuff..? I couldn’t find any split loom that’s high temp on their site. Maybe this stuff..?
I’m not sure if I got high temp but iirc it was good to 250*. High temp is not really needed unless it’s next to exhaust or something really hot. The regular stuff works for most under-hood applications. I think the F6 is regular, I see it says 257* so that’s probably what I got. Their product line seems to have changed also.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Power steering pump and filter.
Have yet to drive it. But it's in! Ended up swapping a smaller pulley in as well. No issues with it, but I have a habit of whipping my wheel fast enough that I was out-pacing flow rate at idle LOL.
Brake pedal feel is MUCH improved. If I mash it, I can feel the assist allll the way down, then pump goes into bypass. Never got that on the last one. I'd feel the assist cap out, then nothing from the pump.

Put a block heater in as well. Have that running to see if the thing works before I take it out for a spin. Might have been a DOA unit, behavior is odd. but nonetheless: letting it go for an hour or two to make sure before I start dicking with a product exchange.

Yes I know my engine bay is filthy. On my list of things to clean when it isn't freezing

PXL_20220105_063201478.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering pump and filter.
Have yet to drive it. But it's in! Ended up swapping a smaller pulley in as well. No issues with it, but I have a habit of whipping my wheel fast enough that I was out-pacing flow rate at idle LOL.
Brake pedal feel is MUCH improved. If I mash it, I can feel the assist allll the way down, then pump goes into bypass. Never got that on the last one. I'd feel the assist cap out, then nothing from the pump.

Put a block heater in as well. Have that running to see if the thing works before I take it out for a spin. Might have been a DOA unit, behavior is odd. but nonetheless: letting it go for an hour or two to make sure before I start dicking with a product exchange.

Yes I know my engine bay is filthy. On my list of things to clean when it isn't freezing

View attachment 359752
Nice. I struggled so much with the pulley on my ps pump. Didn't get it all the way seated at first and it ate belts and squealed. Now it's not eating belts but doesn't squeal until its warm. Driving the wife nuts. What's your secret?

Also what pulley?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Nice. I struggled so much with the pulley on my ps pump. Didn't get it all the way seated at first and it ate belts and squealed. Now it's not eating belts but doesn't squeal until its warm. Driving the wife nuts. What's your secret?

Also what pulley?
I rented a pulley tool from the local parts store

OEM pulley goes until it's flush with the nose of the pump. Just crank the tool in 'till it stops

This pulley had slightly different dimensions. So I pressed it in 0.96mm short - the nose of the pulley protrudes 0.96mm from the nose of the shaft. i.e. I didn't push it in all the way. Just measured the offset with some calipers

Here's the pulley: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711QW7NR
Note you will need a 2" shorter belt

Also block heater is DOA. BAH. My luck

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW, I think the OE block heaters don't come on until 0°F. I might be wrong on that number, but turn-on is a low value.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I think the OE block heaters don't come on until 0°F. I might be wrong on that number, but turn-on is a low value.
My owners manual doesn’t specify what temp the block heater comes on at, but it does state it will help in temperatures of 0* F or colder. So I would think that you are correct. I will never be able to use mine.