What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slipped on the new shoes for a test run. General Grabber ATX. 275/70/18.
Stock Z71 suspension for now. Close, but zero rub lock to lock. Debating a little key crank. Scheduling alignment.

View attachment 233897 View attachment 233898

I am looking at those as well. Those are the only P-rated tires in 275/70R18. The are factor tires on Titans.

How do you like them?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So true, Sam. Aurora's UPULL is a nice yard but I don't see any GMT900s now. I think Denver has a GMC that's been in for a couple of weeks, but only one. Littleton has older stuff; hardly ever see anything very new out there on Santa Fe, but that's all the way across town for you.
Yeah. All the ones I’ve been to in Denver, and around the north side have no GMT900’s at all. I don’t know if they send them out of state or what.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am looking at those as well. Those are the only P-rated tires in 275/70R18. The are factor tires on Titans.

How do you like them?

Mine are LT load range E. Only had them on for a quick spin last night and the ride to work this morning. They will get put to the test shortly as winter is upon us.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the APT? Here are the ATX sizes:

Screenshot_20191107-160137_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything else use the GMT900 calipers? Besides Yukons, Tahoes etc.

i wonder if the calipers off the hd trucks would fit. my 03 the brakes were huge!!! rears were the same caliper, took the same pads, both dual piston.

this truck is a 05 3500, same brakes as my 03.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aEYyvk3CnZcBQRCf8

the fronts. this truck is a dually mason dump. nothing like taking off 16 lug nuts to change a rotor lol
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zKVoJqvq3Sr48anR7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wZ6SUzDv7gGa84ws9

the rears are real treat too. the leaf springs block the top caliper bolt form coming out. so you need to break them both free, then get the two bracket bolts free, the ratcher or breaker bar just fits as is, so you get maybe 4 turns then its wrench or fingers if your lucky, then take it off like a loaded caliper.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jjBx9XigYGEXHSdr8

just a few weeks ago i had to pull the rear hubs off to adjust the e brake so it would pass inspection. what a treat that job is as well. pretty cool how you just pull the axle out tho. good old full floater rear.

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some input on my radio. Doesn’t make sense to me. When I bought my avy it came with a aftermarket jvc radio. With the volume on it has static real bad in all speakers. Turn it off and no static. I added subs and an amp wired directly to the radio itself and it wouldn’t work at all. Amp and subs were in my Yukon and worked perfectly. I pulled a good pioneer radio from a used car at work. Wired it up and now it’s only playing through the subs. The harnesses are color coded. The setting are at a default. Is it the Bose amp causing issues with the door speakers? Thinking about just running new wires to each door to bypass it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some input on my radio. Doesn’t make sense to me. When I bought my avy it came with a aftermarket jvc radio. With the volume on it has static real bad in all speakers. Turn it off and no static. I added subs and an amp wired directly to the radio itself and it wouldn’t work at all. Amp and subs were in my Yukon and worked perfectly. I pulled a good pioneer radio from a used car at work. Wired it up and now it’s only playing through the subs. The harnesses are color coded. The setting are at a default. Is it the Bose amp causing issues with the door speakers? Thinking about just running new wires to each door to bypass it

This really should be in a tech forum/thread.

But, what interface are you using?

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This really should be in a tech forum/thread.

But, what interface are you using?
It only had the one harness connector in it from when I bought it. Power, memory, ground, and all speaker wires on it

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only had the one harness connector in it from when I bought it. Power, memory, ground, and all speaker wires on it

I'd start by getting a proper interface harness/module, especially if it has Bose. I assume you have no warning chimes, either?