What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything else use the GMT900 calipers? Besides Yukons, Tahoes etc.
Based on my research, the models using these specific calipers are:

Escalade
Avalanche
Tahoe
Yukon
Silverado 1500
Suburban 1500
Sierra 1500

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm I still have my nbs parts for cores . I need to check on this . Can I double up on core parts ?
What do you mean? Will they pay for cores? I doubt it. But as far as turning NBS cores in instead of NNBS cores, I know several people have done it with no problem. I sincerely doubt the people checking them in can tell the difference. I bought loaded reman ACDelco calipers for about $80 each iirc.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
What do you mean? Will they pay for cores? I doubt it. But as far as turning NBS cores in instead of NNBS cores, I know several people have done it with no problem. I sincerely doubt the people checking them in can tell the difference. I bought loaded reman ACDelco calipers for about $80 each iirc.
If I gave them my nbs cores and nnbs cores at the same time . Lol if I can double up cause I have both

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen one that doesn’t look like shit IMO, including that one. There are aftermarket ones that look nice though.

I guess it depends on the amount of work and the quality of body work you put into it. I'd imagine a bondo and rattle can job would look like absolute ass. But maybe with some quality filler and paint it could look decent.

I might check out some junk yards for one to test out on. Looks like a fun project

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the amount of work and the quality of body work you put into it. I'd imagine a bondo and rattle can job would look like absolute ass. But maybe with some quality filler and paint it could look decent.

I might check out some junk yards for one to test out on. Looks like a fun project
I guess it’s possible but maybe it’s because of the weird shape that the ones I’ve seen still look bad to me even after bondo and a decent paint job. There’s just so much that has to be cut off, shaped, filled, etc that to me I can still see that’s it seems misshaped. It would probably be fun to try though, maybe it will look good. I just haven’t seen one yet. I might just be picky, expecting too much IDK.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it’s possible but maybe it’s because of the weird shape that the ones I’ve seen still look bad to me even after bondo and a decent paint job. There’s just so much that has to be cut off, shaped, filled, etc that to me I can still see that’s it seems misshaped. It would probably be fun to try though, maybe it will look good. I just haven’t seen one yet. I might just be picky, expecting too much IDK.
Haha fair enough

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone knowing anyone here shaved the intake manifold? I know we dont need to for clearance but I saw a couple videos and it looks pretty interesting.

View attachment 233986

It looks better than not shaved, but still looks out of place. It LOOKS shaved rather than just being subtle about it, like it's accentuating that it was shaved. The point of shaving something is to make it blend in but that just screams "look at me and me only, never mind the rest of the motor".

I think some smooth valve covers or milling on the manifold to match the valve covers would help. But the manifold is still too curvy/bubbly whereas the rest of the engine that it compares to, particularly the valve covers, has more defined edges and straight lines. It just has too many clashing aspects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmstar

Latest posts