What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my smoked headlight and DRL/turn signal housings today! Wasn't expecting them till Friday. Now I can swap them tomorrow, my damn truck looks like it's got a droopy eye, passenger headlight has been lighting up the road bright as blazes for the last week..... but only 12 feet in front of the bumper...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Did an oil change on my stepside yesterday. Royal purple haha. Did a few little things to it to like a bad mirror replacement and my bed cover lock. Gotta send it In to get a few pieces color matched but not yet

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about to send off the final payment for my 05. got her washed up for my wife so she could have a nice shiny ride for her birthday tomorrow.

nlIyTaA.jpg

shes sitting at 83k miles.

list of repairs needed currently,
power steering pump started making a bit of noise, rear brake pads/rotors, bleed brakes. Drivers rear window motor seems to have died. Need to refresh the steering soon too.

but otherwise shes been a trooper. only problems in the 3 years have been the front brakes, wheel bearing, radiator, battery and the charcoal canister/cant fill the tank issue. Thats pretty much it. Hope to have this girl many many more miles and years.

here she was when i brought her home on halloween 3 years ago.
rNHjEsU.jpg

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been trying to find a set of 14 all terrain 20's to put on her as a "paid off" present.

i think over christmas im going to do a headunit, stereo, backup camera etc for the wife. she has made mentions about how much she loves those features in our lexus.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been trying to find a set of 14 all terrain 20's to put on her as a "paid off" present.

i think over christmas im going to do a headunit, stereo, backup camera etc for the wife. she has made mentions about how much she loves those features in our lexus.

Still looking good. Shined up nicely.

JollyRoger01

Christ Reigns
Reaction score
My Nelson fan harness shipped yesterday. I seen after the fact that they have over heating issues at the relays... Can anyone confirm if this is still an ongoing problem?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get it started? Nope, just need to learn the key resistance and then can be taken to get programmed afterwards, I have heard so much conflicting stuff its crazy. Some of the LSTech guys said if I am buying a new BCM i can get it to start, if I was using one off another truck I would have to get it reflashed, who knows, we will find out.

Keep us posted about this. Maybe even start a separate thread. This will be VERY useful information for anyone who has to replace their ignition key cylinder.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Nelson fan harness shipped yesterday. I seen after the fact that they have over heating issues at the relays... Can anyone confirm if this is still an ongoing problem?

Your best bet is to get an OEM harness, the aftermarket ones have the issues with the relays, the OEM ones mount behind the under hood fuse box away from the heat for the most part the aftermarket ones mount a lot closer to the engine, if the wiring was longer you wouldn't have that issue, I've heard some that say the aftermarket wiring isn't as good as the OEM setup, here's the OEM harness I'll be using after I get the fans turned on in the PCM

b01cc31070214f7919581700cd4b30c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I can't say for sure if they have resolved the overheating and melting issues yet. I can say for certain though that I have not had a single issue with my OEM harness that I got from a 06 Silverado. I've had my E-fans wired up with an OEM harness for over 6 years now and the summers here in Louisiana can be pretty brutal. We regularly have triple digit temperatures, and sometimes for over a month straight. And even in these extreme temps, I have not seen even a hint of any melting on my harness or relays. But as far as the Nelson harness and the LS1FANS harnesses, I have seen quite a few people online who have had problems with the relays and/or the relay plugs melting. I have not seen anyone post about it in about the last year, so I honestly don't know if Nelson has resolved the overheating problems or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz