What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. That was my first choice but most yards around me won't let you pick n pull and eBay was about $30 more. I may just end up reworking the Nelson harness to wire tuck it and keep the relays away from the heat.

My understanding is that the heat problems on these is a matter of current overdraw, or underrated components, however you want to think of it. I don't think it's gonna matter how or where you put it. It's a mfging issue.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. That was my first choice but most yards around me won't let you pick n pull and eBay was about $30 more. I may just end up reworking the Nelson harness to wire tuck it and keep the relays away from the heat.

My understanding is that the heat problems on these is a matter of current overdraw, or underrated components, however you want to think of it. I don't think it's gonna matter how or where you put it. It's a mfging issue.

Mine definitely had nothing to do with location, it was either a bad design or undersized wiring and relay block. The first time it blew fuses and the fuse holders almost melted as well as the wire leading to them, and they were right next to the battery, nowhere near any heat. I replaced the fuses and holders and ran larger gauge wire to them. Next time the relays melted the relay block that they were mounted in, and that also was away from any heat source. It was obviously from drawing more current than the harness was designed for. Here's the original feed wire. I ran 2 larger gauge wires to 2 50-amp MegaFuse holders and used 80 amp relays and blocks.

Last edited:

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to start my own thread, this has been a nightmare. I have a guy coming out tonight with a Tech2, hopefully he can figure out why it does not let me go into the relearn mode. I am still on the OEM BCM, have the replacement one just in case thats the issue. I want the guy to take a look at the BCM for codes and see if he can get into the PCM and take out the need for VATS/Passlock communication so the truck doesn't cut off fuel to injectors. He has said that he's worked on trucks where owners replaced BCM, PCM, harness, ignition cylinder, and housing and truck still wouldt stay on. I am at a loss if this happens.
Boom! BCM reflashed key relearn, and we are back in business! FYI, I had to remove my cluster and then plugged it back in 10 mins later. All warning lights came back on then did the relearn. So, $300 isn't bad for a repair. If it was 500+ I'd really be pissed!

Of course the rental car was another $100, but some of the numbers being thrown at me for this repair were outrageous and saved myself a few hundy not going to an independent and definitely not the dealer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boom! BCM reflashed key relearn, and we are back in business! FYI, I had to remove my cluster and then plugged it back in 10 mins later. All warning lights came back on then did the relearn. So, $300 isn't bad for a repair. If it was 500+ I'd really be pissed!

Of course the rental car was another $100, but some of the numbers being thrown at me for this repair were outrageous and saved myself a few hundy not going to an independent and definitely not the dealer.
With the original BCM or the new one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick