What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
DAMN IT DAVE! Gotta love running out of thread... especially literally in the middle of the top seam. Good thing that's not one of the most noticeable areas. Hopefully after I get more thread and find more time I'll be able to hide it.

Ehh, it's coming along though.

View attachment 83792

View attachment 83793
I wish I could do that! Is that a regular sewing machine? Are you using leather or vinyl? Looks great.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I keep hearing about geocaching and I've got a couple replica from higher elevation spots like grandfather mountain and such. But what is this you guys are doing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You use a GPS (or your smartphone) to find hidden boxes (hopefully) placed in interesting areas, sign a log book, and perhaps trade some cheap trinket.
The are all over the world, and I'd bet there a quite a few near you.

http://www.geocaching.com is where you want to go.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you like your denali projectors?

Yes, I do. They are aftermarket reproductions made by TYC.
I've actually put a set of HID bulbs in them without having a screwed up pattern.
I just don't like how slow the HID come on, so I put a set of Phillips 9011 HIR bulbs in them.

One thing to keep in mind about these projectors, is that they have a nice sharp cut-off and try to only put light in your lane, and the cut off also keeps light out of rear view mirrors, mostly.

I can pull up behind most taller cars, and any small SUV, and my headlights cut off the light just below their rear window.

When you have been driving cars and trucks all your life that spill their light all over the place, projectors seem dim.

But I still like mine.
I'm planing on getting some LEDs for the low beams to see how they work out.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could do that! Is that a regular sewing machine? Are you using leather or vinyl? Looks great.

I appreciate brother. It's just some higher grade vinyl. It'll get me by until I can afford to upgrade to actual leather lol.
Yeah it's a regular home sewing machine. A New Home but it's made of heavy duty metal before they started producing the all plastic ones they sell now. That thing is pretty beefy and has no problem running leather needles through the plastic clips for the bottom of the seats either.

Last edited:

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do. They are aftermarket reproductions made by TYC.
I've actually put a set of HID bulbs in them without having a screwed up pattern.
I just don't like how slow the HID come on, so I put a set of Phillips 9011 HIR bulbs in them.

One thing to keep in mind about these projectors, is that they have a nice sharp cut-off and try to only put light in your lane, and the cut off also keeps light out of rear view mirrors, mostly.

I can pull up behind most taller cars, and any small SUV, and my headlights cut off the light just below their rear window.

When you have been driving cars and trucks all your life that spill their light all over the place, projectors seem dim.

But I still like mine.
I'm planing on getting some LEDs for the low beams to see how they work out.
Get better ballasts

08_crew_cab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed the oil and filter, changed front diff fluid, changed rear diff fluid, cleaned out the cover and replaced the gasket. I just bought the Escalade May 31st and with 155k I figured it would be best to go ahead and change them all. Was gonna do the trans as well but when I got under and looked, it appears to be either a new or remain unit so I figured it could wait a bit. I replaced the stepper motors for the gauges (Speedo was out) and key fobs (didn't have one with purchase) the other day too. Maybe soon I can actually start modding lol.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and filter, changed front diff fluid, changed rear diff fluid, cleaned out the cover and replaced the gasket. I just bought the Escalade May 31st and with 155k I figured it would be best to go ahead and change them all. Was gonna do the trans as well but when I got under and looked, it appears to be either a new or remain unit so I figured it could wait a bit. I replaced the stepper motors for the gauges (Speedo was out) and key fobs (didn't have one with purchase) the other day too. Maybe soon I can actually start modding lol.

One way to definitely tell a reman unit from original is that it'll be painted. 1. so it stands out as a reman and 2. The solvents they clean the cases with can make them porous and the paint seals it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo