What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my UCA's aren't resting on droop stops anymore, got about 3/8" of space between them. I guess when I first brought it down it didn't show but then I drove it and it must have settled in. That's the only thing I think could have happened. It's about 1/8-1/4 lower in the front than the back but since the front fender is higher it looks level so I'm thinking about just leaving it alone. And it rides so much better now. I still think I should get at least new upper control arms because I need to take them off to replace the camber bolts and camber guide pins. I'll also get bump stops and tie rods ends. If I get new bump stops. Do any of you lifted guys know if they make bigger ones for lifted rides, just in case OEM ones aren't big enough?

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do to my truck today?
After getting a car wash, and getting it nice and shiny yesterday?

Go Geocaching out in the woods and get the truck covered in dust, of course!
View attachment 83748 View attachment 83749
Ok so I keep hearing about geocaching and I've got a couple replica from higher elevation spots like grandfather mountain and such. But what is this you guys are doing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing my buddies shop did that other don't, they used the old style hammer on weights instead of the stick on weights as they aren't fond of the stick on with large wheels.
I tried the hammer on weights but they look ugly on the outside of my Dubs and I found out just putting them on the inside doesn't work so stick ons combined with hammer on did it.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the hammer on weights but they look ugly on the outside of my Dubs and I found out just putting them on the inside doesn't work so stick ons combined with hammer on did it.
They just used hammer on weights on the inside, I still have a slight shake at lower speed...and I mean super minimal maround 30mph, but I think that is the sway bar links. Of which I have had in a box in the back of my truck for like 4 months lol! I originall y ordered AC Delco end links and then decided on polyurethane links, Amazon refunded me and told me to keep the AC Delco's so i never reordered the poly bushings. Just gotta get off my ass and do them.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just used hammer on weights on the inside, I still have a slight shake at lower speed...and I mean super minimal maround 30mph, but I think that is the sway bar links. Of which I have had in a box in the back of my truck for like 4 months lol! I originall y ordered AC Delco end links and then decided on polyurethane links, Amazon refunded me and told me to keep the AC Delco's so i never reordered the poly bushings. Just gotta get off my ass and do them.

Speaking of this shake both of you are dealing with I run 20's had a shake due to one of the stick on weights coming off on the driver front wheel had them all taken off and rebalanced with the stick on weights rides smooth no shakes, some of the aftermarket rims have balancing issues that's why I went with the brand I went with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of this shake both of you are dealing with I run 20's had a shake due to one of the stick on weights coming off on the driver front wheel had them all taken off and rebalanced with the stick on weights rides smooth no shakes, some of the aftermarket rims have balancing issues that's why I went with the brand I went with

yeah i was just happy to see someone use hammer on weights again. they are good guys and cheaper than eBay with installed tires. Mine were $135 installed each, that same day I found the same tires on ebay for $130 each shipped. They treat me well, they are currently on the lookout for a used set of Texas Editions or Honeycombs to come in used. I get first dibs and they would do them for $700 installed.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
They used stick on weights on mine. And I got centreing rings that I didn't have before. Seems to have got worse. And the front end is tight!!!

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i was just happy to see someone use hammer on weights again. they are good guys and cheaper than eBay with installed tires. Mine were $135 installed each, that same day I found the same tires on ebay for $130 each shipped. They treat me well, they are currently on the lookout for a used set of Texas Editions or Honeycombs to come in used. I get first dibs and they would do them for $700 installed.

Hammer on weights have a better chance of staying on long term but I hate how they look/leave the marks on the rim, on something non custom I wouldn't care at all, hope u find some Texas rims they would look great on there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62