What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The judge. I like the 410 buck shots. They make a nice 4 ball bearing spread. Aka 4x .45 in one pull. Buddy daily CC caries a snub nose Judge. And has had to pull and present before and the sheer size of the revolver has aided him in not needing to fire. Chambers 2 410 buck and 3 .45 longs. May only be 5 rounds but that's a lot of thunder. And unless being mobbed 5 is plenty. Otherwise one should not be carrying.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The judge. I like the 410 buck shots. They make a nice 4 ball bearing spread. Aka 4x .45 in one pull. Buddy daily CC caries a snub nose Judge. And has had to pull and present before and the sheer size of the revolver has aided him in not needing to fire. Chambers 2 410 buck and 3 .45 longs. May only be 5 rounds but that's a lot of thunder. And unless being mobbed 5 is plenty. Otherwise one should not be carrying.

What thread were you trying to post in?

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have the forum set to display links instead of images and didn't click on every pic in that post.

Can you clarify what you mean by "otherwise one should not be carrying"?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got yA.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

If you cannot defend or accurately stop annattacker in 5 rounds then. Couple of items. You need practice aim, and accuracy under pressure. Disregard say multiple attackers. There is a big negativity towards the judge for only being a 5 cap and not a 6cap in the revolver community and may feel it should be a 6. But that simply makes the cylinder too massive in diameter for the caliber.

I am a firm believer in properly placed shots to immobilize the target. And not a spray and pray gun user. Now as for my wife, if someone enters our house point one of the multiple shotguns and empty it. As for me. I am going to take you down however the situation sees fit at a minimal effort maximum efficiency.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood, and I agree - marksmanship is important, especially when there could be innocent people downrange that may catch a stray bullet if you miss. That being said, I'll take a semi auto any day of the week over a revolver :)

Here's a great article on the Taurus Judge and the effectiveness of various types of ammo with regards to ***********. I'd suggest that anyone contemplating using the Judge for self defense read it all the way through, then choose their ammo accordingly.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-53-the-taurus-judge-revisited/

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 3 bricks of 12ga in the bed room. And the wife knows how to load and pull the trigger. Good to go. Extra clip is never bad either. I would like to get evebtualy a 12gAK with a drum mag. With a short stock for the wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick