My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I sent emails out to Texas Speed, Vinci Performance and Black Bear Performance. Heard back from everyone but Black Bear Performance. In fact, Vinci Performance responded within 90 minutes. If I don't here back from them by tomorrow I will send a direct message from this site. I understand companies are busy but over 48 hours is a bit much. I love this group and the tune provided, but.....

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So, I sent emails out to Texas Speed, Vinci Performance and Black Bear Performance. Heard back from everyone but Black Bear Performance. In fact, Vinci Performance responded within 90 minutes. If I don't here back from them by tomorrow I will send a direct message from this site. I understand companies are busy but over 48 hours is a bit much. I love this group and the tune provided, but.....
@Rocket Man had nothing but good things to say about Vinci performance. The owner is a really good guy.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, after final measurements this morning I decided to use the head gaskets that were delivered last week and recommended by Summit Racing. Should put me around 11:1 compression ratio. Now after a year plus delay I'm going to install these heads.
G1.jpg
G2.jpg

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, reading through my last several threads I was not clear on the compressed thickness of the head gaskets I will be using. When I ordered my heads I was talking to a senior tech at Summit Racing and he said based on what I was building and the information I gave him that the 0.055 gaskets would be great for my build. Turns out I think his suggestion is perfect for me.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, progress again being made. Started installing the heads this morning. First I needed to clean and prepare the head surface:
EH1.jpg
Then I needed to install the tray and lifters:
EH2.jpg
EH3.jpg
After torquing the bolts to 108 inch pounds, I recleaned the head surface - got some oil on the block while installing the trays and lifters.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I placed the head gasket on the block, ensuring the gasket was properly aligned - the word "front" towards the front and ensuring the rear water passages were oriented properly:
EH4.jpg
Placed the head on the block:
EH5.jpg
EH6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257

Latest posts