What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do believe the 01-02 RPO code differs from 03-06. I could totally be wrong(it’s happened once or twice lol)
It doesn’t really matter as it relates to SEM paint. There’s nothing, zI repeat....NOTHING that SEM uses to cross-reference their color codes to GM’s interior color codes- believe me, I have looked. And looked. I tried when painting the interior of my 02 Denali and again when painting interior ( in something as simple as black) in my 08 Silverado. There’s zero cross- references. 92I/ 922/923 mean nothing to SEM, and the SEM numbers mean nothing to GM. It’s like they don’t know the other exists. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
replaced the airbag sdm module (black box) on the 04 today and a couple window switches on the 05, the "service airbag" message has been on the dam thing for 2-3 years, dealer wanted $650 to replace it and I was too lazy to pull it out and send it off to some joker to have it reset, come to find out you can just put in a used one that was not in any accident and reset it to the vin with the tech2 and walla, easy-peasy

I did that on my Silvy but in the end it was a wire with a break.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did that on my Silvy but in the end it was a wire with a break.
on this one I knew it was the module for sure, she rear ended someone about 3 years ago I replaced the airbag and fixed the front end, the b0055 code (i think) won't reset and the dealer wont reset it because of legal reasons I presume I guess if you were in a serious accident and killed someone and the dealer reset it for you then it would be tampering with evidence or whatever.....
so the solution is to replace it or send it out to have it done and sent back. Tech2 pays off again

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on this one I knew it was the module for sure, she rear ended someone about 3 years ago I replaced the airbag and fixed the front end, the b0055 code (i think) won't reset and the dealer wont reset it because of legal reasons I presume I guess if you were in a serious accident and killed someone and the dealer reset it for you then it would be tampering with evidence or whatever.....
so the solution is to replace it or send it out to have it done and sent back. Tech2 pays off again
Oh yeah, I remember seeing the eBay sellers that advertised to “reset” the SDM so that’s what I figured it was. Send your module in, they reset it and send it back. I was hoping for a small miracle when I programmed a used one but I ended up figuring which wire was open. There’s a lot of wires in that damn harness. Anyway it wasn’t a bad SDM.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You made that look easy--messing with that Tech 2. Do you need a subscription to be able to program your vin into that module? I saw the candi module on the seat.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Finally replaced the driver side blend door actuator that I’d had sitting for 4 months. 3 years ago it turned hot once, I took it apart and cleaned etc. worked fine until a couple months ago, it did it once. This week it happened 4 times, so in the new one went. Old one still clean this time, the contacts weren’t green and gooey this time under the black gear

90649518-57A0-4D30-B9E3-BA1B9C746989.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You made that look easy--messing with that Tech 2. Do you need a subscription to be able to program your vin into that module? I saw the candi module on the seat.
no subscription, as long as the module has not activated any airbags (just used) then the tech2 will reset it to the transplant vin, it was super easy, at the junk yard I didn't have the option to move a seat back and forth, but I found a 05 tahoe that wasn't smashed anywhere and the seat was back far enough to unbolt the 2 front bolts, so I took those out and bent the seat back as much as I could, cut the carpet and padding around the module and i had enough room to pull it out, on the 04 I just unbolted the seat lifted it up and moved it back a couple inches, pulled the carpet up from the side and reached in with the 10mm didn't have to cut anything. The Candi module I just leave attached all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts