What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Gotta get those idle volts up. Maybe an alt OD pulley is in order.

That Trucool 40k and melling oil pump... Jealous

For the trans cooler did you bypass your radiator? or are you running in line like the oem setup?

I am running this cooler:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9TRWG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which should be fairly close in performance to the 40k theoretically, but i still get trans temps in the 190* range (without towing or hooning) with the rad bypassed. I have it oriented with the in/out lines down just like the OEM setup. M
Kept radiator pass through

Voltage is fine. My rig has that weird smart charge thing. Dipped down to 13v when the current clamp read the battery wasn't accepting any more juice.

With that said, I would just toss a proper high output in there if I needed more

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kept radiator pass through

Voltage is fine. My rig has that weird smart charge thing. Dipped down to 13v when the current clamp read the battery wasn't accepting any more juice.

With that said, I would just toss a proper high output in there if I needed more
OIC. A lot of "high output" alternators are just stock style alts with OD pulleys.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really liking how these minor mods are holding up

Trucool 40k, melling m295hv w/ the high pressure spring, manual Efan override switch.

86f out.

Freeway and stoplight

View attachment 228012 View attachment 228013
Was the oil pump a tricky install? Looks like you've got plenty of pressure! 50psi idle is double what I've got.

Interesting that your 1-2 & 3-4 shift times are so different. Have you done the vette servo install? If not you should.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OIC. A lot of "high output" alternators are just stock style alts with OD pulleys.

Not any alt worth their salt. When my stocker goes, I'll pick one up from DC or Mechman. Will decide closer to that time as wait time will depend on what, if any service contracts they're working on

Was the oil pump a tricky install? Looks like you've got plenty of pressure! 50psi idle is double what I've got.

Interesting that your 1-2 & 3-4 shift times are so different. Have you done the vette servo install? If not you should.

Yep, vette servo. TBH I think the 3-4 shift is an error in how the trans processes shift speed. By feel and by ear, 3-4 is the same speed as the others.

Also have a tune and shift speed reduced

Oil pump honestly wasn't bad. Worst part is having shit drip in your face. And trying to track down a pulley press tool for our engines. The one I got for Amazon just outright didn't fit despite being advertised to. And the rental from O'Reilly was a turd.

I can give you a play by play if you're interested

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not any alt worth their salt. When my stocker goes, I'll pick one up from DC or Mechman. Will decide closer to that time as wait time will depend on what, if any service contracts they're working on

Good call

Yep, vette servo. TBH I think the 3-4 shift is an error in how the trans processes shift speed. By feel and by ear, 3-4 is the same speed as the others.

Also have a tune and shift speed reduced
Interesting. Why have the shift speed reduced? I have a vette servo and no tune and the shift speed does not need a reduction imo.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call

Interesting. Why have the shift speed reduced? I have a vette servo and no tune and the shift speed does not need a reduction imo.
Wanted a bit more than just the servo offered. I absolutely despise anything remotely resembling a vague shift. Nice and firm across the board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84