What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ac belt tensioner? Mine actually seized once.

The pulley bearing bit the dust which burn up my clutch and coil. Not even a squeal/squeak/grind... pulled everything from the compressor and here ya have it.

1DC4FABF-EA61-4B3F-BD24-06C36865EAC5.jpeg 95F97BA0-4C39-40D9-B031-62A66A93B1E2.jpeg 0F4E5EB3-3905-4251-BBB6-A17363120E34.jpeg 74E83DC4-6E55-4AF0-A423-3907E67C5A23.jpeg

The coil still energized and engages the clutch but due to the extent of the damage just gonna replace it all. Parts will be here tomorrow. Rebuild kit -100 bucks.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The pulley bearing bit the dust which burn up my clutch and coil. Not even a squeal/squeak/grind... pulled everything from the compressor and here ya have it.

View attachment 201185 View attachment 201186 View attachment 201187 View attachment 201188

The coil still energized and engages the clutch but due to the extent of the damage just gonna replace it all. Parts will be here tomorrow. Rebuild kit -100 bucks.
That sux, but at least it didn't happen in July, while on vacation.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't consider it hard. Moderate for some especially if not mechanically inclined. I think it will test your patience though. Video below is it little long winded and there are a couple of tips to make it easier I found in the comments. For instance, before you "lock" the down steering wheel with the seat belt you should turn it to make access to both shaft nuts easier. One bolt is connected to the shaft inside the engine bay and the other is near the gas pedal. Loosen both to about hand tightness but DON'T remove them. Next straighten out the steering wheel and then secure it in place with the seatbelt. Continue to remove the bolts at that point. There are a few video out there for other references as well. This definitely tightened up the steering wheel. Very happy with it.

Noticed your in NJ. Would have invited you to take a look if you were interested.

Good advice. Mine was particularly tough because the upper shaft that the bearing goes on had a gouge that made r&r of the bearing a pita. I'm guessing when I had the intermediate shaft replaced via warranty years ago that gouge was the handiwork of a dealer tech.

Don't buy the dorman bearing. Go OEM. I replaced the steering wheel position sensor at the same time.

Also, if you have adjustable pedals, getting the 10mm nuts back on the accelerator are definitely tests of patience.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
made it out to the track friday night. ran a 13.8 for a best time. a few 13.9's and some 14.1. had to cut timing back to 19 from 21 due to some kr. ran the 13.8 on 19 wot. was also noticing it was falling on its face at the 1000 ft line pretty much. took 5 runs till i watched my dumb wb, i was leaning out to high 13's thats not good for a boosted car lol

checked my meth injectors was spraying this morning, now im off to flash a maf adjustment and put the timing back to 21.

pretty sure i know why i ran lean. this new tune has zero'ed out pe time vs rpm folder, so i need to adjust the maf to get to my commanded afr.

vid of that run. windshield fogged up nice, never did that before.

High 13's at WOT is definitely not good, should be 11 or so. What RPM is it shifting at, sounds low. Nice run though.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High 13's at WOT is definitely not good, should be 11 or so. What RPM is it shifting at, sounds low. Nice run though.

i just got back in from adding a boat load of fuel to the maf file. took a lot to get it to hold mid 11's. where its commanded , 11.4.

i got it shifting at 5800. even with rockers theres no extra HP or time gained spinning past 6,000. just wasted rpm thats not pulling. it kinda hangs out waiting to shift lol

i was shifting at 6200, at the track i was shifting into 3 rd at the finish line at 97 mph lower shift points and i shift into 3 rd at 90 now, but at least im seeing 3 rd in the 1/4 mile lol

lower the shifts same day at the track and ran faster. you can hear it lay over in my old vids. one of the vids i had a boat load of kr cause a o2 failed on me, in the vid you can hear the engines off. thats kr.

i give you the power glide regal lol

this tranny gave out ohhh a month later. just rockers a 3.4 pulley no ic or meth yet. 14.3 ish runs back then.

hey look, its E TOWN!!!!!

Maine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about this for a simple thread. I know a lot of us do simple stuff to our trucks everyday and we don't make a new thread for everything we do. So if you did something neat, simple, or just want to brag about a new cool piece you threw on your ride post it up. I figure this thread will also bring inspiration to others as well.

I'll start.....

Today I did some spring cleaning to the my '01 Tahoe. I washed it and cleaned out the inside. I also ordered some new JL audio speakers for the doors and front and rear Weathertech floor mats. I also put some sound deadening material in the doors.

Jack your post count up, and post away.
-Ben
2005 Z71, Bermuda blue mostly still factory. Just changed 2 difficult heater hose ,(oops meant 4) quick disconnect crap. Hids kit installed. Also changed factory deck to pioneer double din, full install coming soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz