What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep the Cognito rear kit for suvs comes with a 7” coil spring spacer. It bolts into the upper spring perch, basically just relocating the spring perch 7” lower.

Seems odd to run that much spacer. I guess it makes their kit a few bucks cheaper.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems odd to run that much spacer. I guess it makes their kit a few bucks cheaper.

Yeah I didn’t really understand it either, but I wanted everything else that came in the rear kit. It’s like the only ones that actually comes with trailing arm relocation brackets to center the axle after lifting. And figured if I didn’t like the spacer I’d swap that out and maybe one of the guys in my area with half a lift kit will buy the spacers from me haha.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I didn’t really understand it either, but I wanted everything else that came in the rear kit. It’s like the only ones that actually comes with trailing arm relocation brackets to center the axle after lifting. And figured if I didn’t like the spacer I’d swap that out and maybe one of the guys in my area with half a lift kit will buy the spacers from me haha.

Yeah im surprised. Generally they make some of the best kits.

Guess everyone has to make their product to a price point.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore did it with a bucket.
im sure that would work. Soaking them and then scrubbing them? I just sprayed with degreaser and 5 minutes later hit em with the pressure washer. Didn't take much time at all.

Mine were probably way worse then most. The previous owner was female, dark complexioned, and in the fashion industry. I'm sure she hit up the makeup/lotion bucket a lot more then many people. Plus my interior is shale which is very light. Before and after was like night and day.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Got in it to take the kids to school this morning and KNEW the thing was going to give me a problem 'cause it was only 35* out (been going into REP mode when it's cold out), but figured I'd just let it idle until it's warm, then shut it off and try again... it's worked the other few days it's done it so why not, right?

No dice. Had to take the car instead. Then of course, this afternoon when going to pick them up, it cranked up and ran fine like nothing happened.

TPS looks like it's brand new. I'm about to pull the TB off and give it a good cleaning. Hopefully that will fix it, because at this point, I have no idea where I'm going to find that stupid APP sensor.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ArcticYukon

So what's up? The engine goes into reduced power & you have a fault code for the accelerator pedal position sensor?

You said you don't know where to find a replacement part, what's the problem?