What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clay bar'd and sealed the paint. It desperately needs a paint correction, but it's a daily so not sure how much more effort I'm going to put into it. The Pewter doesn't shine much more with a good sealant on it anyway.
You know what? I just did the wash with a mitt, wipe down using PVA towel and hand waxed with Mother's Brazilian Carnauba. It looks nice for a few days but I don't care about that. My main concern is protection from the weather, ozone and tree sap most of all.
I used the clay bar on a project several years ago but I keep forgetting about that product & method. Say I get around to spending time on this truck in a few months again, what all should I do to it? I suspect that it will rain pretty regular for the next couple months but come June it will be around 100* everyday and I try to park under the trees to keep the truck protected from direct sunlight all day. I like for the finish to shed water extremely well but I don't feel like working on detail again any time soon.

I remember reading that if done properly from start to finish, a good sealant will provide protection for nearly a whole year. That's what I need

Last edited:

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
@ArcticYukon

Eventually, the app will cease to function entirely. The ambient temp may contribute to the sensor operation at the present but 1 day it's going to quit at the worst possible time.

You are correct, spending time on the TB does nothing for the APP but I don't understand why you aren't repairing the problem. Is there not an auto parts store where you live? You could have ordered it on eBay or Amazon & had a new app sensor in your mailbox. I'm just not clear on that.

The app sensor went out on my truck, REP message, 1 fault code that I pulled for the app sensor. I bought a replacement sensor @ oreilly auto that night, along with a kit of security torx bits that have the indentation in the center -- removed the acc pedal, R&R the sensor, problem fixed.

My boss at work was trying to get me a replacement TB at first but I talked him out of that and my truck was parked on the lot next morning courtesy of pedal sensor per the DTC code.

Know what, man? I was searching on Rock Auto for it and because I couldn't find it on there, I ASSUMED I wouldn't be able to find it at a local parts store. Turns out, I was looking in the wrong place on RA (it's under the interior section for whatever reason) and the local stores have 'em too. We all know what happens when you assume. D'OH!

So it uses the security torx bits eh? Great...

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ArcticYukon

That's funny. You could have been in the posession of a perfectly reliable Tahoe this whole time.

Everybody should have a nice set of security bits on deck. Now you have a reason to purchase. No big deal, they have numerous app's

Last edited:

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to install my Kappa's today,... and the reverse camera (hopefully) ..pics to follow.

0312181309.jpg

Prorider17

Reaction score
I desperately needed new tires for my Tahoe. The Michelins were dry-rotted and wore unevenly. Going down the highway was nerve racking.. I found a guy online that had a 2017 Sierra with the 20" off-road wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires. Scored a great deal and got them installed plus alignment today. Pretty happy with the look.

tahoe-1.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I desperately needed new tires for my Tahoe. The Michelins were dry-rotted and wore unevenly. Going down the highway was nerve racking.. I found a guy online that had a 2017 Sierra with the 20" off-road wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires. Scored a great deal and got them installed plus alignment today. Pretty happy with the look.

View attachment 194605

I like it! Is it 05 or 06?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT