What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I can get the steering wheel and clock spring etc off in less than 15 mins I think I want to do a new steering wheel. Maybe something from Intro
Interesting. I love my wheel on the escalade. What kind of look are you going for?

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boom! BCM reflashed key relearn, and we are back in business! FYI, I had to remove my cluster and then plugged it back in 10 mins later. All warning lights came back on then did the relearn. So, $300 isn't bad for a repair. If it was 500+ I'd really be pissed!

Of course the rental car was another $100, but some of the numbers being thrown at me for this repair were outrageous and saved myself a few hundy not going to an independent and definitely not the dealer.

This is why I want to purchase a Tech2.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I want to purchase a Tech2.
Dunno about a licensed one, but I may go for a clone. Some of the vette guys love theirs, https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3852143-tech2-scanner-for-the-home-diyer.html

Pg15/16 talks about buying a 2-day subscription to get the latest software from GM to reflash modules. Not a bad deal and definitely better than $4k!
I needed my stuff pronto, otherwise I would have ordered my own.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/3525720-knockoff-tech2.html

Interesting. I love my wheel on the escalade. What kind of look are you going for?
Ghetto baller, need that wood wheel, Grant! Lol, a few years ago probably. Now, I dunno. I don't have steering controls so it probably won't be anything GM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz