What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just scored some factory efans off an 05 with 100k for $95 shipped just need the harness and a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!! Also, make sure that you have the 34" radiator as well, if not then you will need that also. And if you need a harness, I grab the OEM 06-06 Truck fan harnesses every time I see them in the salvage yards. So shoot me a PM if you want an OEM harness. I usually sell them for around $100 shipped. I separate each wire from the front core support harness on the truck so that I end up with a standalone fan harness and relay block. Then clean the wiring off really good and put brand new wire loom on it. Basically looks like a new harness when I am done cleaning it up.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet!! Also, make sure that you have the 34" radiator as well, if not then you will need that also. And if you need a harness, I grab the OEM 06-06 Truck fan harnesses every time I see them in the salvage yards. So shoot me a PM if you want an OEM harness. I usually sell them for around $100 shipped. I separate each wire from the front core support harness on the truck so that I end up with a standalone fan harness and relay block. Then clean the wiring off really good and put brand new wire loom on it. Basically looks like a new harness when I am done cleaning it up.

Being it's a 6.0 would it be pretty good chance it has the bigger radiator? PM me a pic of what the OEM harness looks like maybe I'll go that route kinda leaning towards a new one tho

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the new AC Delco endlinks and sway bar bushings that Amazon let me keep for free about 5 months ago.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being it's a 6.0 would it be pretty good chance it has the bigger radiator? PM me a pic of what the OEM harness looks like maybe I'll go that route kinda leaning towards a new one tho

Yeah, I had a brain fart. Being that you have the 6.0 and rear AC, you can pretty much bet that you already have the bigger radiator. It's mainly the 4.8 Tahoes and Yukons that have the smaller radiator. Although I have heard that some 5.3's have it if it's a lower model without a towing package or rear AC.
As far as the harness, I have sold quite a few to people on here, GMFS, and on PerformanceTrucks. Many people prefer the OEM harness to an aftermarket one. Mainly because the aftermarket relays and sockets are known to melt under extreme heat. The OEM relays have had no known failures so far. I've had my harness and fans on my truck since 2009 and I have not had a single issue. Just search on Google for "Nelson fan harness melted" and you will see tons of people complain about the Nelson harnesses along with the ones from LS1 fans.com and the now discontinued Blackbear Performance harnesses. LS1fans is the guy who made them for Blackbear and they had SO many problems that they stopped selling them.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a brain fart. Being that you have the 6.0 and rear AC, you can pretty much bet that you already have the bigger radiator. It's mainly the 4.8 Tahoes and Yukons that have the smaller radiator. Although I have heard that some 5.3's have it if it's a lower model without a towing package or rear AC.
As far as the harness, I have sold quite a few to people on here, GMFS, and on PerformanceTrucks. Many people prefer the OEM harness to an aftermarket one. Mainly because the aftermarket relays and sockets are known to melt under extreme heat. The OEM relays have had no known failures so far. I've had my harness and fans on my truck since 2009 and I have not had a single issue. Just search on Google for "Nelson fan harness melted" and you will see tons of people complain about the Nelson harnesses along with the ones from LS1 fans.com and the now discontinued Blackbear Performance harnesses. LS1fans is the guy who made them for Blackbear and they had SO many problems that they stopped selling them.
I have to say that the harness I bought from Ls1fans.com did indeed melt on me at the relay block and left me stranded due to an overheated engine on a 100 degree day. I reworked it using bigger relays, relay block, fuse holders , fuses and wiring. Basically I built my own harness. I would be inclined to use a OEM one if I was to start over.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PM sent