What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The scene is extremely large in Texas for anything GM, they quoted me $300 for an HD hood cut for Yukon just need paint, in my case a vinyl wrap...but I have to drive 5 hrs to get it is the issue. Travelling in Texas is like driving across several states in other parts of the country except for Alaska

I can drive for ten hours starting in one end of Michigan, heading for for the other end, and still be in Michigan.
Look up the travel time from Ironwood Michigan to Monroe Michigan. Ten and a half hours and you still haven't left Michigan.

If you want a real laugh, Have Google give you directions from Michiana, MI to Copper Harbor, MI. Google just tells you to go through Wisconsin (9:30 hours), as it is two hours faster than staying inside the state the whole trip (11:30 hours).

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally installed the K&N air filter that I got from @Tonyrodz

I took it out for a quick drive, and it felt like it had more pep.
I could definitely hear the intake noise better. Like the sound. :D
I've been meaning to get a new air filter for it since I got the truck in December, so this worked our great.

20170718_020241.jpg

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can drive for ten hours starting in one end of Michigan, heading for for the other end, and still be in Michigan.
Look up the travel time from Ironwood Michigan to Monroe Michigan. Ten and a half hours and you still haven't left Michigan.

If you want a real laugh, Have Google give you directions from Michiana, MI to Copper Harbor, MI. Google just tells you to go through Wisconsin (9:30 hours), as it is two hours faster than staying inside the state the whole trip (11:30 hours).
texas is 856 miles across from orange to el paso east to west. from brownsville to texline is almost 900 miles north to south. its a bigass state. the bigger cities are all 3-4 hours drive apart at 80mph. its staggering how big texas is sometimes. especially when i travel to the north east for work. states are the size of some of our cities.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took my hood to a paint shop because it had a texture to it. They said they'd have to completely repaint it. Crap. Thankfully my grandpa was willing to pay for it, so it's covered. Still a bummer that my hard work was for naught.

View attachment 178814
I also don't know if you'll get lucky as far as having to blend the fenders too. My body shop had to do that in order for the new paint to match the old paint. They painted the hood off the truck, with the paint mixed from the code, and then installed it for me to see. There was a noticeable difference.Luckily it was a friend of mine so he did it cheap.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my hood to a paint shop because it had a texture to it. They said they'd have to completely repaint it. Crap. Thankfully my grandpa was willing to pay for it, so it's covered. Still a bummer that my hard work was for naught.

View attachment 178814
I mean, you COULD just ship it to me... I'll be happy to take the burden off your hands lol

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I also don't know if you'll get lucky as far as having to blend the fenders too. My body shop had to do that in order for the new paint to match the old paint. They painted the hood off the truck, with the paint mixed from the code, and then installed it for me to see. There was a noticeable difference.Luckily it was a friend of mine so he did it cheap.

Im honestly ok with it being slightly off. My paint isn't great but if it's pretty close I'm ok with it.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6f20691ff08059347ce4b861136d8659.jpg

So I removed the push bar and I really dislike the lower valance. I'm going to go back factory. I noticed that the hoop behind the grill has no paint on it. I will touch up all that while I have it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts