What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a detail and noticed “bubbles” on the door trim. Is replacement the only repair? View attachment 427226

Are those the vertical appliqués between the front and rear door windows? Wow. That’s the first I’ve seen of that. Odd the bubbles would just develop over time outta nowhere…

I would just replace; They’re not a painted fitting, just a gloss black molded plastic trim piece with some rivets and clips.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe take a needle, puncture the center and see if the tape lays down.
That was my first idea lol
Are those the vertical appliqués between the front and rear door windows? Wow. That’s the first I’ve seen of that. Odd the bubbles would just develop over time outta nowhere…

I would just replace; They’re not a painted fitting, just a gloss black molded plastic trim piece with some rivets and clips.
Yup, on the passenger side so it seems to have come out of nowhere.
I wonder if a po had them wrapped? Never really seen that before
That’s a good question. I plan on blacking out the trim so this makes me hesitant to do a wrap as a beginner. I’m much better at painting but I’m slow.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Did a detail and noticed “bubbles” on the door trim. Is replacement the only repair? View attachment 427226
Should be able to sand them out if it’s rust they should treat it and it should be good to go after a couple coats of primer and paint I wouldn’t say that pillar needs to be completely replaced for that lil bit any decent body shop should be able to fix it for maybe 200-400$?
If it’s vinyl wrapped a sowing needle and heat gun should smooth it right out

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And ATTEMPTED to install a unlocked HMI that I had wams program, but initially practically nothing worked but NAV, no USB no WiFi tried all the tricks and finally got USB to work but it's super duper glitchy, still no wifi says it is connected but it's not, rear view cam works for a second then goes to blue screen until key cycle. So waiting to hear back from them whenever that happens until then put the old hmi back in and everything works fine 1000005408.jpg