What did these wires go to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsump

Reaction score
I just bought an 07 GMC Yukon xl and these wires are cut from the harness. What is supposed to be hooked up here and is it ok to just leave them like this? This is located on the driver side near the firewall behind the large fuse box.

IMG00067-20101004-1704-1.gif

FuzzyChopz

Reaction score
Looks like it was for either an amp or an alarm. Probably when the person traded in their car they removed it not caring about doing a good job because they were getting rid of the vehicle. If everything is ok with the vehicle (no warning lights) then I would just get some electric tape and tape off the ends so they don't ground out on anything. Also if you want you can get a test light and see if they have power. If they don't then that's even better. Either way I would hide them and tape them off with electric tape to be safe.

OP
OP
D

dsump

Reaction score
That's the plan, but I was hoping someone would look at their GMC and see if they have the same harness and see if anything is connected to it. Otherwise I will just disconnect at the plugs.

If needed please move to General discussion, sorry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsump

Reaction score
did some more research online and I think this is the fix for the windshield washer fluid heater recall.

ECU-Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, heated washer "delete". Just did mine yesterday. there is also a 60 amp fuse in the fuse block that can be pulled. There had been a fix for the washers but then gm decided to just do away with them all together.

E.P.

dm600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Exactly right. This is part of GM's recall. The heated windshield washer fuse must be removed at the under hood fuse block as part of the completion of this recall. The connectors are left intact to keep water from corroding the terminals - maybe incase GM discovers how to make this system work again without burning up.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appears to be the recall. Pretty crappy job though. GM really didn't want to remove the system, company that was making it went bankrupt, so no part were made to fix it. I really wish they could find another company to get in bed with, tired of people complaining about it

OP
OP
D

dsump

Reaction score
Yeah It took some time but that is what is was. I replaced the unit with the Alphatherm one and it now works great. Especially in this Ohio winter.

Double3

Reaction score
Yeah It took some time but that is what is was. I replaced the unit with the Alphatherm one and it now works great. Especially in this Ohio winter.

I might have to look at doing that too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts