What could be busted, coolant leaking out 2000 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just replaced my intake on my 00 with 134k. The leak was behind the alternator cost me 1000 !!
The leak wasnt your intake manifold since there is not coolant flowing through your Gen 3 (5.3l/6.0l) intake manifold. Id be talking to your mechanic and ask him what exactly he supposedly repaired for a grand!

OP
OP
S

SBdadman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So took it down the road to a guy and he said water pump, ordered the parts and any hoses in case it's a hose coming off the pump but I'm gonna replace it all, thanks for all the feedback and taking a look at the video. I just discovered this forum and I it's already become a good resource to figure some things out to hopefully keep my 2000 Denali alive as it nears 200k miles.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So took it down the road to a guy and he said water pump, ordered the parts and any hoses in case it's a hose coming off the pump but I'm gonna replace it all, thanks for all the feedback and taking a look at the video. I just discovered this forum and I it's already become a good resource to figure some things out to hopefully keep my 2000 Denali alive as it nears 200k miles.
Its not nearing death very soon. My 05 Denali is approaching 300k.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a leak and after a week of looking for it I found it was the heater hose. It was actually the plastic y that has 2 hoses, connects to the firewall and the reservoir tank to the engine. Dealer part and cost me $110.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I noticed a leak and after a week of looking for it I found it was the heater hose. It was actually the plastic y that has 2 hoses, connects to the firewall and the reservoir tank to the engine. Dealer part and cost me $110.
IMAG1820.jpg
This part?

OP
OP
S

SBdadman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea heater hose was one of the suggestions my dad had when I told him about it.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not only a dealer part. Dorman makes them, any auto parts store has them as well as rockauto.. Did they give you a big ol kiss on the way out for your $110 coupling?

Last edited:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn now I feel like an ass @Tonyrodz yes that's the part, I didn't check much only went to Autozone which is a few min away and couldn't find it so I just went to dealer, it did come with hoses and clamps aswell.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well damn now I feel like an ass @Tonyrodz yes that's the part, I didn't check much only went to Autozone which is a few min away and couldn't find it so I just went to dealer, it did come with hoses and clamps aswell.
When I bought mine, that was the only part, no hoses or clamps. Maybe you bought some kind of repair kit. The exact amount I paid was $19.87.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts