What could be busted, coolant leaking out 2000 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a he'll of a time replacing it. Couldn't get the old one disconnected. Finally I just started to snip away at it with wire cutters, carefully. Worked like a charm.
I know exactly the cuss words you made up. I had the same problem. I solved just like you did. Cut the plastic near the windows that the clips protrude from. Mine fell apart and came off after i made those cuts. They would not budge even though I was pushing in both clips. I figured out that after the plastic get so old and kinda brittle that instead of being solid and moving on one end when you push inward on the other end of the clips instead they just try to fold and that makes the clip engagement against the shoulder on the metal line not clear and stay locked. Bottom line is just destroy them at the windows and they will come right off.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know exactly the cuss words you made up. I had the same problem. I solved just like you did. Cut the plastic near the windows that the clips protrude from. Mine fell apart and came off after i made those cuts. They would not budge even though I was pushing in both clips. I figured out that after the plastic get so old and kinda brittle that instead of being solid and moving on one end when you push inward on the other end of the clips instead they just try to fold and that makes the clip engagement against the shoulder on the metal line not clear and stay locked. Bottom line is just destroy them at the windows and they will come right off.
Exactly! Same exact issue I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442