WANTED: Escalade ESV Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL!!! I just called back, guy said "I have one for $500" AND I gotta pay shipping. This guy wasn't as nice as the other guy. Even told him they sold one to a friend for $350 and there was silence on the phone.

No thanks... :nono:

Search is back on!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks! Gotta love when the folks in the business are on the same page :whymewhyme:

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL!!! I just called back, guy said "I have one for $500" AND I gotta pay shipping. This guy wasn't as nice as the other guy. Even told him they sold one to a friend for $350 and there was silence on the phone.

No thanks... :nono:

Search is back on!

Is this the Nemo's auto I gave you the number to earlier? $500, has he lost his mind? I bought a complete set there last month for $350 out the door and I didnt even pay cash. Paid with my ATM card.

Have you looked at my thread on here, you can buy it all for around $400 brand new through GMPARTSDIRECT. I almost went that route, I bought my end caps through GM parts direct. The rails are the expensive part, about $300 for the pair, the end caps $100 for all and the 4 washer pieces you need are 5 bucks. The rest of the junk I listed is not needed. I even have a diagram.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22119

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the Nemo's auto I gave you the number to earlier? $500, has he lost his mind? I bought a complete set there last month for $350 out the door and I didnt even pay cash. Paid with my ATM card.

Have you looked at my thread on here, you can buy it all for around $400 brand new through GMPARTSDIRECT. I almost went that route, I bought my end caps through GM parts direct. The rails are the expensive part, about $300 for the pair, the end caps $100 for all and the 4 washer pieces you need are 5 bucks. The rest of the junk I listed is not needed. I even have a diagram.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22119

apparently he did lose his mind, lol.

Let me ask you. What all do i NEED to do this? The caps and chrome sidebars only? We already have an existing roof rack on the burban, not sure if the cross bars can be used from that or what?

Thanks in advance for the information! :Handshake:

They should move your thread to the SUBURBAN section and Sticky it. Great information!

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Let me ask you. What all do i NEED to do this? The caps and chrome sidebars only? We already have an existing roof rack on the burban, not sure if the cross bars can be used from that or what?

They should move your thread to the SUBURBAN section and Sticky it. Great information!

The cross rails are NOT the same... at all. When I took off the tahoe cross rails I was looking at it to see if it could fit on the esky roof rack and it's definitely a no-go. It looks way sleeker/cleaner with no cross rails and unless you plan to actually use them, you don't really need them. On eBay they also sell all chrome cross rails that fit on the esky roof rack if you want to go that route.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score

all you need are the part numbers that I listed in the original post, I edited it some today. When I typed the post I hadn't received all my ordered parts yet. Whats listed there now is needed.

The cross rails are NOT the same... at all. When I took off the tahoe cross rails I was looking at it to see if it could fit on the esky roof rack and it's definitely a no-go. It looks way sleeker/cleaner with no cross rails and unless you plan to actually use them, you don't really need them. On eBay they also sell all chrome cross rails that fit on the esky roof rack if you want to go that route.

+1 only the Esky rails will work.they slide into the rails differently.

I am not using the cross rails on mine. Looks far cleaner without.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys don't throw up you suitcases in your rack and travel cross country??? :eek:

:D

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys don't throw up you suitcases in your rack and travel cross country??? :eek:

:D

I do. It's a suburban! Plus with all these press conferences across the nation, we usually travel to them with a boatload of luggage.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I put it in the -CARGO- area :Handshake:

:D We were in Indiana a few years ago when we had the Denali and my sister-in-law tried talking me into strapping something up there to bring back to KC with me. I told her that if it can't fit inside we're not taking it. I just can't imagine the head ache that would come out of driving down the highway at 80 mph wondering if the stuff on top was going to fly off at any time. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia