Want a tune, have a couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read plenty enough reviews to know that BlackBear tune is pretty much the best couple hundred bucks you can possibly spend on your truck, so I am pumped to get my deposit in and get tuned in Hadley, MA in April.

I'm curious about updating the tune, though. I have a '03 Denali and I might want to put the corvette valve springs in my engine along with a new cam at some point, would that require a whole new re-tune with another $200 fee or would it just be an update that is covered by the initial fee?

Anyone here drive a 6.0L stock with the BB tune? How different was it exactly? My truck impresses me already with 8.5 second 0-60 time and 15.9 second quarter mile. Thanks!

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question, do you do Diesel engines too? My brother has a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD with the 6.6L Duramax and he, as well as myself, know that you can get stupid amount of power out of those with just a PCM tweak.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We don't do any tuning on diesels, but yes, there is a ton of power left to be had on them!

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you happen to know anyone who you recommend who does custom PCM tuning for those kinds of engines? We live in MA if that helps at all.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know most folks claim the PPE is a great handheld for diesels. Check out dieselplace.com to see what people suggest.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
EFILive does support diesels, however, we don't tune them. Justin doesn't want to tune anything that he doesn't have on hand to do dyno testing, longevity and verification with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz