regearing with out a tune... speedo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to regear my 2015i GMC yukon denali Xl... it has the 3.23 final drive with the 8 speed. The reality is it just hunts 7the and 8th on the freeway and sometimes 6th.
Additionally I have a camping trailer which isnt heavy, but it did make things a little worse driving up to tahoe a couple months ago.

So I am debating doing gears. However, I dont want to tune the truck since I have to deal with California...

On a chevy colorado, I regeared from 3.42 to 4.56 and then went from a 31' tire to 35's. There was an inline speedo corrector available and the speedo was perfect, but the speedlimiter was just under 60mph and the cruise control wouldnt work etc etc. There are two speed sensors in the truck and since they were reading different the TCM made things unhappy. So that truck had to be tuned... and given a supercharger so I could run the tune lols.

So how are people regearing their vehicles and correcting the speedo where it doesnt make uncle newsom cry?

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the diablosport Part # 7202

It says it can do gears and tire correction..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz