VIdeo in Motion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IM not quite following. So the rear view camera button use is in development?!!!

And will it need a different or extra module?

I have the '16 computer upgrade with the programming trimmings from them.

interested to understand this as well...

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But right now this thing 'just' allows you to do things like enter a navigation destination while moving right?

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But right now this thing 'just' allows you to do things like enter a navigation destination while moving right?

The programming removes all of the motion locks IE Video in motion from DVD/USB/SD, nav entry etc. Depending on what year truck you have it also adds other features like texting etc etc.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've been asking and we've been listening, I'm proud to announce that we have native in unit support now for not only rear camera in motion but also the ability to now add a switchable front camera in motion as well; all utilizing factory hardware!

This was the plan from the beginning however we had originally intended to make an interface box to make all of this happen but were able to work around that to the point it was no longer necessary. Front camera will obviously still require the addition of a camera and wiring etc but it is now possible without any sort of aftermarket interface to worry about. Those of you with fifth wheels may choose to make this a bed camera as well, the options really are endless here.

We also added a new set of guidelines as well, so now you have three options:

1. No Guidelines

2. Traditional Moving Boxed Guidelines

3. Minimalist single moving guideline

Switching between the two modes can be done on the camera screen using the icons at the bottom.

This feature will be included on all future 2016 unlock orders as well as any CarPlay upgrades that opt for the unlock.

So not only do you get our famous unlock that removes the in motion locks from the HMI vehicle side controls for video in motion from USB/SD, additional movie formats as well as video in motion from DVD/BluRay and nav entry etc etc but you also get factory camera control as an additional bonus!

Those of you who have already purchased the unlock for your 2016 or have purchased a CarPlay with the unlock will need to work out the best way to upgrade your system with Anthony as this is a completely different setup software wise.

For more information please TEXT Anthony at 919-995-9523

Bardog

Reaction score
I would like my factory rear cam on my 2016 Yukon with Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) to be available when I am driving forward (especially when the kids are watching a movie and the screen blocks the rear view mirror).

I contacted MVI via text message because they are closed for a few days (so I can’t talk to anyone live).

Here is what I asked:

“Hello. I'm a member of Tahoeyukonforum.com and have a quick question. Does the $299 unit for the 2016 GMC Yukon Denali allow for viewing back-up cam when in drive/forward/in-motion gear? If so, I will order it. Thank you...”

Their reply:

“Unfortunately it does not.
That would require our custom software unlock and some wiring at the camera plug in the back hatch.”

OK...

So, on their website they have pricing for custom software unlock for $499, but I didn’t read anywhere there about the factory rear cam activation.

So I’m still unsure if the $499 includes rear cam activation or if that is going to be a separate, additional cost.

And I really was expecting the rear cam activation in Forward/Drive gear to be a software hack, not a wiring job.

Does anyone know of a different application (Camera Source, PAC, Naviks, etc.) that includes rear cam in-motion with DVD and Navigation unlock? For around $300?

I’m hoping someone with an alternative system has an answer.

Thanks a lot!

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like my factory rear cam on my 2016 Yukon with Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) to be available when I am driving forward (especially when the kids are watching a movie and the screen blocks the rear view mirror).

I contacted MVI via text message because they are closed for a few days (so I can’t talk to anyone live).

Here is what I asked:

“Hello. I'm a member of Tahoeyukonforum.com and have a quick question. Does the $299 unit for the 2016 GMC Yukon Denali allow for viewing back-up cam when in drive/forward/in-motion gear? If so, I will order it. Thank you...”

Their reply:

“Unfortunately it does not.
That would require our custom software unlock and some wiring at the camera plug in the back hatch.”

OK...

So, on their website they have pricing for custom software unlock for $499, but I didn’t read anywhere there about the factory rear cam activation.

So I’m still unsure if the $499 includes rear cam activation or if that is going to be a separate, additional cost.

And I really was expecting the rear cam activation in Forward/Drive gear to be a software hack, not a wiring job.

Does anyone know of a different application (Camera Source, PAC, Naviks, etc.) that includes rear cam in-motion with DVD and Navigation unlock? For around $300?

I’m hoping someone with an alternative system has an answer.

Thanks a lot!
The wiring is to power the camera that is normally only on in reverse. It is all software

Bardog

Reaction score
The wiring is to power the camera that is normally only on in reverse. It is all software

Ok, thanks. So it’s both software and hardware (wiring)? Which is fine, and that means there is not going to be an “alternative” system or solution that can avoid the wiring step, correct?

I wonder if there’s a way to just toggle the rear cam on and off whenever, regardless of the truck’s gear, and regardless of what’s playing on the screen, thereby superceding the software route... Maybe a physical switch that just toggles the video source from A (Netflix, iPad, USB, etc.) to B (Rear Factory Cam) would work? Has anyone ever done this? It seems to me that would be a workable go-around, but I’m neither a software hacker nor an electrician.

I’d rather not spend the $499 on the solution from MVI...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. So it’s both software and hardware (wiring)? Which is fine, and that means there is not going to be an “alternative” system or solution that can avoid the wiring step, correct?

I wonder if there’s a way to just toggle the rear cam on and off whenever, regardless of the truck’s gear, amd regardless of what’s playing on the screen, thereby superseding the software route... Maybe a physical switch that just toggles the video source from A (Netflix, iPad, USB, etc.) to B (Rear Factory Cam) would work? Has anyone ever done this? It seems to me that would be a workable go-around, but I’m neither a software hacker or an electrician.

I’d rather not spend the $499 on the solution from MVI...

Thoughts?
Nope camera input is on the hmi won’t work without the software telling it to turn on.

Bardog

Reaction score
Nope camera input is on the hmi won’t work without the software telling it to turn on.

...and the HMI, which controls the camera, is interfaced through the Intellilink, so a Factory Rear Camera in-motion needs to be activated via a touchscreen icon that will only be available once the software is activated (hacked)?

...AND the camera has to be physically re-wired, too?

Ok, wow.

Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9