Possible electrical issues ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdc0705

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hoping to get some insight. I have a 2016 Tahoe and in the last month or two I’ve been having some things happen that leads me to think it could be electrical. This might’ve started months ago when I had a service stabilitrak, service trailer brake light for a few hours. After some research it seemed to point to the AFM disabler being the culprit. I removed it and the lights went away. Haven’t had those ones come on since, even after I started using the disabler again. Then the service front camera warning came on a few times but would go away almost immediately. Then sometimes I would get a no key detected warning even though my key is in the cup holder. Most recently it seems things are getting worse. My service airbag light will come on sometimes once for a few seconds or sometimes 10 times in a row just on and off real quick. It never stays on for more than a few seconds and I am going to have my brother in law use his scan tool to see if it’s stored a code or not. I also have the passenger side headlight go on and off randomly. I’ve never caught it when I’m outside the car to see if it’s the round or the bar light but it seems to do it more when the car is in motion. And the past two weeks when I put my car in gear the doors won’t automatically lock like they should sometimes. My reverse camera also gets lines in it when the brake is applied which it never did before. And there’s also a quick clicking sound when a door is opened. I can’t quite pinpoint what that sound is but it’s like when a light or lock is being pushed too much even though the light is already on or the door is locked if that makes sense. I’m starting to get stressed it’s something big cause that about how my luck with vehicles goes. I really want to avoid the dealership so does anyone have any idea what could be happening ? Appreciate your input

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

However, it will be interesting to see what the scan tool reveals. My initial thought is that you should check all grounds to ensure that they are clean and tight.

OP
OP
R

rdc0705

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

However, it will be interesting to see what the scan tool reveals. My initial thought is that you should check all grounds to ensure that they are clean and tight.

Attachments

• IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_5004.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
R

rdc0705

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Can you tell me where all of the ground are ? I’ve read about the one under the dash that sometimes causes trouble but I’d like to maybe do the ones that are easier to access first before I try removing the dash piece

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are grounds in the engine compartment that are obvious when you lift the hood and look around. There are also important grounds in your case on the frame behind the front wheel wells on both sides of the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts