Vehicle theft system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hittahoe43

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and lost the keys to it. We replace the cylinder and it started back fine. Then the key came out and it never ran again. We've had 6 mechanics work on it and now it sits at the Chevy dealership in my hometown still not running. Everything was fine great actually til we lost keys. They told us to tow it home that they don't know whats wrong with it or how to fix it. Also its an ex-police vehicle BTW. How can this be smh. We done all we can do. Anyone got any ANY ideas??? Like a magic wand or know Dorothy in Kansas. Maybe she knows a mechanic there that can help. Lol.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I've got a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and lost the keys to it. We replace the cylinder and it started back fine. Then the key came out and it never ran again. We've had 6 mechanics work on it and now it sits at the Chevy dealership in my hometown still not running. Everything was fine great actually til we lost keys. They told us to tow it home that they don't know whats wrong with it or how to fix it. Also its an ex-police vehicle BTW. How can this be smh. We done all we can do. Anyone got any ANY ideas??? Like a magic wand or know Dorothy in Kansas. Maybe she knows a mechanic there that can help. Lol.
I personally do not think is the theft system
The key does not have a chip like other vehicles, at least not the NBS platform.

Replace the steering column with one that is a good working unit.

But first do this test.
Can you open the ignition switch? if you can, open it and jump start the starter. Report back if it starts

Last edited:

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally do not think is the theft system
The key does not have a chip like other vehicles, at least not the NBS platform.

Replace the steering column with one that is a good working unit.

But first do this test.
Can you open the ignition switch? if you can, open it and jump start the starter. Report back if it starts
Time to call the locksmith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz