MP USMC Vehicle build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Larry W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update

Today i got a little time to work on the back bumper, Youll notice the welded performance bumper mounting brackets that are to allow the bumper placement with the 3 inch body lift, I welded them on rather then bolt them, I really like the performance body lift the hardware is robust,

Next you see I started to bolt the added rear tire bracket to the bumper reinforcement. I used head bolts from a diesel job that had torque to yield head bolts. I save that stuff as this is a great place to use them and with the 12 point bolts it looks nice. I will eventually have to drill holes in the bumper cover to accommodate the bolts going into the reinforcement, I have to weld on the tie down loops and also weld the bolt fasteners for the back 8 bolts.

I should have it wrapped up soon then move to the front bumper work.

Attachments

• bumper 5.jpg
    bumper 5.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 14
  • bumper 6.jpg
    bumper 6.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 14
  • bumper 7.jpg
    bumper 7.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
L

Larry W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Michael (Pete the pug) I like you we think alike.
Maybe once it gets close well look at a ring mount and belt fed on the roof.
Tomorrow i plan on getting the rear bumper close and moving on to the front. My brains working on a concealed winch behind the bumper and some D rings for tie downs on the front bumper. Looks like they dont offer much for the front winch mount 07-14 tahoe so ill sharpen the torch.

I have a pressure gravity cup spray set up coming to be able to put down custom coat bed liner smooth. I do alot of collision work but havent played with bed liner yet. looks like a 1.8 or 2 nozzle with a pressure feed gravity cup does well with laying down bedliner smooth. custom coat makes a USMC dark od that i think ill run with.

OP
OP
L

Larry W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was a bit busy today. I worked on the back tire carrier.
Next started by reinstalling the bumper reinforcement then the bumper cover. I carefully transferred and drilled the holes to allow the carrier to be bolted trough the cover.
Next had to cut the three bolts off the carrier that hold the spare on and relocate them for the chevy 6 bolt as the original carrier was for a hummer 8 bolt.
Next bolted on the carrier and test fitted the spare to see how it opened etc.
It seems to work well. I had to temporarily tighten the swing arm bolts that are used to lower the tire. by having them loose there to much sway in the tire carrier forward and back, I think ill run it tight as i can always loosen them if i need to drop the tire to change it out,
I will get it back off sand blast and epoxy prime it to get ready for paint. I think i might add a water can carrier to the swing arm tomorrow ill look at it and see how it might fit in.

So i ordered a 12000 winch and a RC mounting plate for a pickup that ill fab a bit to make it a hidden winch. I might add some tie downs in the front as well. I also ordered the shackle conversions for a pickup from RC ill fab them as well. There is a few you tube videos that confirm you can use the pickup items for the tahoe with a little work.

Attachments

• B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 14
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 13
  • B3.jpg
    B3.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 12
  • B4.jpg
    B4.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 13
  • B5.jpg
    B5.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
L

Larry W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Nothern Idaho! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your build.
So i took a week now off back at it. I finished the RC front 3,5 susp lift install. i did the back last week. It was easy they provide upper control arms and new loaded struts. I changed the lower ball joints while in there. The provided spacers to lower the front diff was not a big deal and cutting the lower tie bar to allow the diff to lower and clear was easy. I beefed up the lower bar after cutting it not sure if needed but was easy. I ordered the RC hidden winch set up for a 1500 series chevy. Ill modify it to work as seen on you tube it fits so well i don't understand why they don't list it for Tahoe's. Ill post pics on that as well.
Next on the list is to modify the back tire carrier i already modified to slant against the back hatch with a support bracket off where the lic plate used to mount. Ill do pics on it as well.
Also as seen on my other post i ordered RC power steps for a 2015-2020 Tahoe and going to make them work on my 2013 Tahoe. Should be interesting more to come.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Michael (Pete the pug) I like you we think alike.
Maybe once it gets close well look at a ring mount and belt fed on the roof.
Tomorrow i plan on getting the rear bumper close and moving on to the front. My brains working on a concealed winch behind the bumper and some D rings for tie downs on the front bumper. Looks like they dont offer much for the front winch mount 07-14 tahoe so ill sharpen the torch.

I have a pressure gravity cup spray set up coming to be able to put down custom coat bed liner smooth. I do alot of collision work but havent played with bed liner yet. looks like a 1.8 or 2 nozzle with a pressure feed gravity cup does well with laying down bedliner smooth. custom coat makes a USMC dark od that i think ill run with.

Looks good!

Tip: if you want to "tag" someone (like @petethepug) so they get notified, use either the "Reply" feature at the bottom of his/her post (like I did above), or start with the "@" sign, then start to type the username. A dropdown list will appear.

Like this (as an example):

1697593331948-png.png

Select the username from the dropdown -- @zcb350fb -- and continue writing your message. If you don't use either of those methods your target might not see your question.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks good!

Tip: if you want to "tag" someone (like @petethepug) so they get notified, use either the "Reply" feature at the bottom of his/her post (like I did above), or start with the "@" sign, then start to type the username. A dropdown list will appear.

Like this (as an example):

View attachment 415042

Select the username from the dropdown -- @zcb350fb -- and continue writing your message. If you don't use either of those methods your target might not see your question.
That @Fless guy, is smucking fart, isn't he. ;):D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts